Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Mornings with Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps: Winter Birds

Happy Monday dear friends!!  It's so hard to believe that we are well into November until I look outside and see the sparkly layer of snow on the ground.  Then reality sets in and I realize it is only 47 days until Christmas.  Wow!  Time is going by so quickly!!  

To honor our first snow of the year I thought it would be fun to use Prickley Pear's Winter Birds stamp:
What a lovely stamp it is and so versatile too!  You can use it for your Christmas Cards and it is also perfect for Winter Cards in January and February too!!!

My inspiration for the card came from CSC64 and Jessica Witty who used Papertrey Ink's Alpha Blocks Die to create the window. 
I selectively inked the stamp with Versamark Ink and stamped onto white cardstock.  Then I embossed with Clear Ultra Fine embossing powder.  Then I added Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled Glass, and Broken China Distress Ink with a Blending Tool.
Next, I stamped the image onto white cardstock with black ink and colored the image with Copic Markers.  I also colored in the snowy areas with my glue pen then added Martha Stewart fine glitter to add some sparkle and shine. Then I fussy cut the image out and glued it onto my inked background.
Then I die cut the face of the card with the PTI Alpha Blocks die and embossed with PTI's wood grain impression plate.
I die cut PTI's Double Ended Banner and stamped Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp's sentiment onto it.  I added some lace, ribbon and jewels to complete the card.

Supplies Used:
Prickley Pear's Winter Birds stamp
Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening and Stamper's Select White Cardstock
Papertrey Ink Double Ended Banner Die and Alpha Blocks Die
Joann's White Grosgrain Ribbon
Kaiser Craft Rhinestones
Lace from my stash
Martha Stewart Fine Glitter
Copic Markers

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Wishing you a wonderful Monday,
Kristii

14 comments:

Ann said...

Oh its lovely! Adore that image - I'm looking out my window and seeing a similar image right now! Your background is wonderful Kirsti - a beautiful wintery sky. Never heard of Prickly Pear but I've had a quick look and they've got some lovely stuff.

Linda B said...

Ohhhh, I'm drooling over this one... what adorable birds. I love the window effect and the Distress Inking and snowflakes. This is absolutely A-!... LOVE IT!!!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card...lovely coloring, and the window effect with this stamp is PERFECT!

Margaret M said...

Kristii oh what a lovely card! I'm going to try your technique for the background. I'm so glad we don't have any snow yet...it was 72 today!

Angelica said...

This is so beautiful Kristii, you did an amazing job with the coloring of the image and the background. Love it!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

I just LOVE this card, Kirstii! The window effect is so pretty! Love those birds and love the pretty multi-colored background you created. Your fussy cutting is just perfect. Really gorgeous card, my friend!

Cristina said...

What a unique take on the CASE card! I adore that window scene!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Rae said...

So pretty, so detailed...wonderful what you can do with those copics!

cbuswell said...

Such a beautiful card, love the image. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! : )

Cheryl said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kristii! I love the sponged background and your fussy cutting is perfect!

TesaB said...

Ohhhhh! Love, love, love!!!! What a fantastic idea, making a window scene. It's so perfect for this stamp. And the colors are absolutly wonderful!!!!!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my word, girl!! This is A-MAH-ZING!!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Wowsers, Kristi! Fabulous card indeed. Thanks for taking us through each step. I must try the alphas die!

Elise said...

Okay, THIS is splendid! But just for the record, this TOTALLY qualifies for this week's JUST US GIRLS challenge and WE'D love to have you, darlin'! {No pressure!} tee hee MEANWHILE - you HAD me at the snowflake kissed sky - but THE entire creation has me positively swooning! YOU are sooooooo talented, Kristii! Positively DELIGHTFUL work!!!