Thursday, July 26, 2012

Case Study Challenge #101

Good Morning beautiful friends!!!  I hope your week has been fabulous!! I've been busy creating for Farmers Market and some classes I have coming in August!! I'm getting so excited for the classes!  I just can't wait to get together with old friends and kindred spirits!!  August is going to be a great month!!  In the meantime, I'm sad to say that this is my last week as the muse over at Case Study!  I've enjoyed my time tremendously and you can be sure I will continue to play along  in the week's to come!!  Case Study is my all-time favorite challenge blog!

Here is the card that Iwona chose for this week:

This card was a different one for me! It was made with a Little Red Scrapbook kit and I just loved the bird and doily stamps that were in the kit.  The doilies, flowers and the bird inspired me once again and this is what I came up with for the challenge:
 I started with a  Papertrey Ink Parisian Lace Doily die cut and decided it would be fun to make a shaped card with the doily.  I grabbed my Pink Paislee London Market 6x6 paper and got to work.  I cut a 4 3/4 inch scalloped circle card base with my Cricut Machine using the Wild Card cartridge set on the blackout option.  I traced the front of the card onto the gray dot Pink Paislee paper and hand cut the scalloped circle to cover the front of the card.  I die cut a circle slightly smaller than my original doily die cut and layered it on top of the doily and stitched the edges.  I layered the doily on top of the card base with dimensional adhesives...way fun!!!  Lots of depth and layers in this card!
I stamped the roses using Papertrey Ink"s The Sweet Life Stamps!! Love, love, love those stamps!!!  I used Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst and Autumn Rose Inks...sigh...such a beautiful combination!! I cut out the butterflies from one of the Pink Paislee papers and added a banner for the sentiment.  I found a sweet little bird on the Graphics Fairy Blog.  If you haven't stopped by her blog, you should!  She has the best vintage images for free!!  I topped the card with a hand-dyed seam binding bow and  I felt completely happy with  my little creation!!  I kept the whole collage feel, but created something totally different!!

Supplies Used:
Pink Paislee 6x6 London Market Paper Pad
Papertrey Ink The Sweet Life Stamps and Dies
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Paper
Papertrey Ink: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Autumn Rose, Spring Moss, Simply Chartruese
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink
Cricut Machine and Wild Card Cartridge
Recollections Pearls
Hand Dyed Seam Binding: MemrieMare
Janome Sew Mini sewing machine

I hope you play along this week!! I can't wait to see what you all make!!
Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate each and every one of you!
Kristii

7 comments:

Christina said...

Both the inspiration and your new take on it are gorgeous, Kristii! I love the layers on your shaped card and those beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing your talent and inspiration with us this month at CASE Study!

Besthobbyeva said...

Such gorgeous cards! Wow your attention to detail is amazing!! Great job!!

Laurie

Celestial Charms said...

Your card is so very inspiring. Love the choice of colors here!
Maureen

cbuswell said...

This is SO pretty, love the shape, the roses and that gorgeous bird! You really have been an inspiration to me this month at CASE Study! Love your cards! : )

Lisa said...

As always, BEAUTIFUL work, my friend! Hope you are doing well! Hugs and more hugs! -Lisa

Audrey Pettit said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Kristii!

Aimes said...

Hey, Kristii! I love your own take on the CASE Study this week! It's been a blast having you as our muse - thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Hugs!
Aimes
x