Monday, February 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink Goodness

Hi there dear friends!!  I am making some new changes in my creative life and I can honestly say I am so ready for the change!  I am retiring from creating for Design Teams and I am going to concentrate on creating just for fun!  I have gotten so busy these days and I just don't have the kind of time I used to have. My sweet hubby and I are going to work with a couples ministry in our church and we want to spend more time hiking and exploring this beautiful state we live in.   I also think that I am going to dabble in some mixed media goodness and best of all, I am going to stamp just for the joy of it!  So today I have a  couple of cards made just for fun, no pressure, no deadlines, just for fun!

My first project was inspired by Papertrey Ink's Feburary Blog Hop featuring Monograms.  I do have to admit monograms are not my normal style, but if I combine a little pink and damask details, I am in heaven!!  Here's the challenge:

The-Challenge
   February-Blog-Hop-Inspiration
{top photo credits- gold place setting :: tray :: gift tag :: floral :: alligator}
{bottom photo credits- modern leaves :: circles :: sr floral :: a & b notecards :: the malones ::cpm floral :: smp simple circle}
Pull out your letter stamps and alphabet dies and create something monogrammed!  It can be a gift for someone special or a treat to keep for yourself!  You could monogram a set of notecards, stationery, coasters, journals, home decor or anything else you can dream up!  Have fun and experiment with combining different fonts, pairing up stamped & die-cut letters, pull-out neglected patterned papers to use as backgrounds, add texture with impression plates and you can even play around with with unique color combos!  We can hardly wait to see what YOU create!



and here's my take on the challenge:
I also challenged myself to play  with my new Cutting Garden Stamps.  I totally love them!
I used the Case Study  #129 Challenge for the inspiration for this challenge.  Love Teri Anderson and she inspiration she provided!!  I am so into polka dots right now, so I stamped them at an angle like Teri's inspiration card.  Way fun!!


Supplies used for the Monogram Card:
PTI Stamper's Select Cardstock
PTI Hibiscus Burst Cardstock and Ribbon
Damask Printable- Melzstampz
PTI Alpha Die

Supplies Used for Cutting Garden Card:
PTI Cutting Garden Stamps and Dies
PTI Polka Dot Basics Stamps
PTI Hibiscus Burst Ink and Ribbon
PTI Limeade Ice Ink

Thanks for stopping by!! I look forward to seeing what you all did with the Monogram Challenge!!
Kristii



33 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love both cards! I would totally use those monogrammed cards and I love the diagonal stamping on the card with the Cutting Garden stamps.

Joyce said...

Wow, Kristii--both of your projects are gorgeous. I love the design of your blog hop card, and your CASE study is just beautiful--I love how you inked those flowers.

Leigh said...

Gorgeous monogram card, Kristii and I love how you used the Cutting Garden stamps! They look so pretty inked up like that.... and those polka dots on an angle like that look very cool!

Michelle said...

Kristii, I love your monogram cards! Simple and elegant! And your floral card is so pretty!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful cards Kristi!

Crafty Kate said...

Kristi, both of your cards are great, but I am in LOVE with your monogram card! Perfection!

Sue Lelli said...

Both are so Pretty! LOVE the colors on you flowers and the pink and black is just Stunning!

Nancy Guse said...

Kristii, these are so beautiful!! I love that set!

Tracey C. said...

Oh my gosh!! I loooooove your monogrammed cards! clean - crisp - awesome!! I love the colors on your cutting garden card as well -- I'm a sucker for anything orange (or yellow with reddish edges) so pretty!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful and elegant monogram! Cutting Garden is one i think we will see a lot of. Just gorgeous.

Helen F. said...

Beautiful monogram card, Kristii...love the black damask on white with the pretty pop of Hibiscus Pink. Also, the new Cutting Garden stamp set is soooo lovely, your card's design really does it justice!

~Tammy~ said...

Draw dropping stunning Kristi!

Cindy H. said...

Both of your cards are just so beautiful! Love the perfect bow on the Cutting Garden card, too.

Eva said...

WOW...your monogram cards are awesome...pink and black always pack a punch! Your floral card is beautiful...wonderful mix of color!

LEG Studios said...

Gorgeous stunning cards!! Love them both!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Both cards are wonderful, Kristii! I so love the monogram and always think the K on other cards if for my last name, ha! It's really well designed.

Thanks for coming by my place, which brought me here!!

Sadie said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I esp. love all the colors you used!! I am liking those garden stamps more and more every time I see them and your card is making me put them on my "need" list.

Alyssa Clawson said...

Both are beautiful! The colors on the birthday one are gorgeous!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful cards - love the monogram!

Rema said...

Beautiful cards Kristii. Your monogram card is simple and elegant looking....

Carolanne said...

These are both so pretty!!! Love the monogram with the damask!

Kelly Griglione said...

Both great cards, Kristii! The pink and B&W damask is so elegant. And love the angle you used on the second card. Fun to use your new goodies, eh?!

Joyce Casaldi said...

Love the stationary! Now I need damask designs!

Jeanne J said...

I love the summery oranges and the polka dots - beautiful card!

Jennifer K said...

Beautiful cards, Kristii!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful cards Kristii! I'm so happy for you and your new direction~

Holly Saveur said...

LOVE it!!!

Lori said...

Both cards are just lovely!

Shay said...

Your monogram card is a timeless beauty! Love the color and simple elegant design and your lovely Cut Garden card makes me long to play with my set which is on its way to me. Thank you for the inspiration.

Aimes said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the CAS design of the first & the colours & movement of your second!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs!
x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Kristi this is so beautiful. I love your card, so simple but very elegant.

Steph Hilt said...

Love both of your designs Kristii. (I didn't get to participate but am enjoying looking, which is why my post is late). You've always been an incredibly talented card designer. Will look forward to seeing more of your work as you start this new phase of stamping for enjoyment!