Monday, January 4, 2010

Little Red Scrapbook January kit!!

I just can't tell you how pretty this kit is in real life!!! I am having a blast working with it!!! Full of American Crafts Letterbox goodies, this kit will take away your winter blues!!!
Tip/Technique for January

The embellishment add on kit includes a cute little Maya Road Songbird Chipboard Coaster book. There are so many possibilities for this cute little bird!!! My first inclination was to make a cute little mini album, but I soon decided it would be fun to use the songbird to decorate a fun little wall hanging. I will save the rest of the coasters to embellish other projects which will make this little mini album very economical!
I chose to paint my songbird with some Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Shabby Shutters. The green matches the patterned papers perfectly!! While the paint was wet, I sprinkled on some glitter to add to the texture and shine. I then added some ink for more depth.
For the wing, I decided to cover it with patterned paper, ink, and then sprinkled it with glitter. I have been having so much fun with glitter lately, I add it to everything!!
For the base of my wall hanging, I covered a 7" x 9" piece of chipboard with a copy of of the cover from an old book. I am loving anything vintage these days too!!! I added some ribbon from the kit, some lace, pom poms, buttons and tulle from my stash. I typed out my sentiment on my computer and distressed it. The sentiment is: Dream. Grow. Fly. This is my mantra for this year. I have a dream and through it I hope to grow. Through the growth, I hope it will give me wings to fly!!!

Here is a close-up of the songbird. You can see the crackle and the glitter if you look just right.

I hope I have stirred some creative juices in your heart today!!!
I wish you much happiness today!!!
Kristii


6 comments:

Kim Strother said...

I love your wall hanging, and that old book cover is perfect!

Lorry said...

Awesome use of the bird chipboard! love the wall hanging, and your mantra... I hope you Fly this year!!

Maria Therese said...

Soo beautiful!! Happy new year to you!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!!!! kristii!!!! this is GORGEOUS!!!! wow! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Oh Kristii...this is awesome...I just adore it!!!

What a great idea!!!

Wishing you a wonderful day!!! :-)

Lemon Lane Studio said...

This is so beautiful. Love the bird...will definitely try this.