Saturday, September 25, 2010

PTI Blog Hop

Happy Beautiful Saturday!!!! It is an absolutely gorgeous day here in Big Sky Country!!! I cannot tell you just how good the sunshine feels!!! I am sorry for those of you who are experiencing very hot temperatures, but I know that it won't be long before we are in the deep freeze, longing for these gorgeous days of Autumn!!!


Today is the day for the Papertrey Ink monthly Blog Hop!!!!

Here's the deets:

One of the most fun things about this hobby is the people you meet, whether in person or online, and the things you can learn from them. Now is your chance to show off any skills you might have learned from a fellow stamper, and perhaps even give them a little shout out to thank them for the inspiration they have provided. Create a project using one of your favorite learned skills and perhaps after a little blog hopping, we will ALL learn some new tips and tricks and continue to pass on the love of this hobby!

I just can't say enough how much I have learned from all of the Papertrey Ink Designers!!! I have been following them for quite some time!!! I appreciate each and every one of them and their willingness to share their talent and knowledge with all of us!!!! For the past several months I have been inspired by Debbie Olson's Copic Marker skills. I have even taken the Copic Marker Certification Class in hopes to share my love for Copic Markers with others ! I still have a lot to learn, but thank you Debbie for your inspiration!!!!

Here's my take on the challenge:

I started off stamping a tag with PTI Leaf Prints stamps in Versamark Ink and then embossed with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. Then I applied Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey with an ink blending tool to the tag to color my background. Then I stamped all my leaves with the same colors I used for my background. Next I used the PTI Background Basics Hearts stamps with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to add some depth to my background. I also inked all the edges with Brushed Corduroy ink. Then I cut out a tag with PTI Fillable Frames #8 die and stamped with Versamark and embossed with the gold embossing powder. Then I stamped the pumpkins from the Friendship Jar Fall Fillers and cut them out. I colored them with the following Copic Markers:


Then I added some lace and twine and a pearl embellishment.
I made one more tag and used it to embellish a card base made with PTI Kraft Cardstock.

I cut out a standard 4 1/2" x 11" card base and folded in half. I rounded the corners and used the PTI Diamonds impression plate to add variation. I inked the tops of the impressed image with PTI Dark Chocolate Ink and punched a border with a Martha Stewart Punch out of Dark Chocolate Cardstock. Then I added the finished tag and and some twine.

I also added some Kaiser Craft Pearls to dress up the pumpkins.

I just love Papertrey Ink and I am so exited to participate in the Blog Hop!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!!
I hope you have a super fantastic day,

Kristii

39 comments:

Pam W. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Great job with the copics and I love the shimmer the embossing adds.

Rhonda said...

Love this card. I like the pumpkins on the label die.

Teresa said...

This is amazing!! Love the distress inks and your colored pumpkins.

Jessie said...

What a cool card! I love the leaves and the colors!

Aimes said...

What a gorgeous card! I love all the inking and the way the gold shimmers!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kay D said...

Good gravy, girl, I don't know where to start. I think this may be my favorite project of the entire hop!
I love the gorgeous rich colors, your coloring of the pumpkins is awesome, and I simply adore the little pearls with the twine (never thought of using the two together).
This ROCKS!!!

Anne Tussing said...

Wow!! This is GORGEOUS!! Love all the depth and detail.

Heather Rogers said...

Perfection. Love the distressing and pretty gold ink. :)

Laura Isham said...

your card and tag are really, really stunning. love them

Betty Wright said...

Absolutely gorgeous and beautifully detailed! Your coloring and style are fabulous! Lovely card!

Karen C said...

What a sophisticated technique and a beautiful result!

Krista said...

absolutely gorgeous! love the gold embossing and inking & well, pretty much everything!

Marge said...

Simply WOW!!!

Maureen said...

stunning leaves!!! Wow, these colours are fabulous :)

peggysue said...

Holy cow, this is beautiful! Such richness of color this is fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVELY fall card! The leaves are FAB!

Barb said...

Your card is LOVELY! Your Copic coloring skills are fabulous and I love the distressing and the shimmer, too. Just gorgeous!

Gayatri said...

Wow! Fantastic card. love love the autumn colors and I love the distress ink. I have dig them out and start using them again. Great work!

katemade designs said...

beautiful. Love the gold trim on the tag.

Vanessa said...

This is really gorgeous! Love this!! Vanessa x

Stephanie said...

Just gorgeous!!!! I love all of the autumn colors!

Kara said...

wow..that leaf paper you created is awesome!

Patty said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I just love the fall colors! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kelly S. said...

Gorgeous fall colors! Your coloring and background stamping...so amazing!

Janelle said...

Oh, wow... beautiful tag! Masterfully done, right down to the little pearl embellishments!

Babies-Beth said...

Oh my, that is freaking gorgeous! I'll be back!!

jen said...

your card & tag are amazing!!!! and the embossing adds such a dramatic shimmer!!

Jessica said...

Awesome project! Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;)

Allison Rankin said...

Oh wow...simply stunning! Love all the sponging and embossed gold elements!

Jen Carter said...

Oh wow. That is gorgeous!! Great job on the card, your coloring is fantastic and I love the gold too!

Taheerah said...

Oooh, very gorgeous! All that inking with the different colours really paid off!

Terri said...

Great job. I love the look for the distress inks too.

Eva said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love the colors and all the detail!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful fall card! I love the gold embossing and the detail in your pumpkins!

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful fall card! I love the gold embossing and the detail in your pumpkins!

Kelly said...

wow! your colouring is beautiful. i love this card.

Adele Fowler said...

love the background!! :)

Becky said...

Your card is just beautiful! I absolutely love the leaf prints set, and especially after seeing this project, I think I'll need to add it to my cart. Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous. I mean gorgeous. I love everything about it....the gold embossing, the tiny pearls with twine, and your beautiful copic pumpkin coloring!