Happy Saturday dear friends!! It's going to be an absolutely lovely day here in Montana and I hope it's beautiful where you are too!!
Today's sketch at Card Patterns is fabulous and I hope you'll be able to play along with us!!!
Here's the sketch:
and here's my take on the sketch:
I used some scraps from my Little Red Scrapbook kit and Glitz Design goodies for this card. I just love using up my scraps for cards and I challenge you to get our your scraps and see what you can put together for this sketch!! Don't you just love the measuring tape from the LRS kit?? I've been dying to use it and the theme of this card is perfect for it!!
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock
Basic Grey Out of Print Patterned Papers
Glitz Design Afternoon Muse Patterned Papers
Lawn Fawn Stamps: Sew Lovely
Papertrey Ink Stamps: Button Boutique (sentiment)
Papertrey Ink Dies: Signature Series Dress Form, Tiny Tags
Hand Dyed Seam Binding
Copic Marker: E50 Egg Shell
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Tea Dye
Kaiser Craft Jewels
Papertrey Ink Button Twine
DMC Embroidery Floss
1. Cut card base to 7" x 6", score and fold in half so card measures 3 1/2" x 6".
2. Cut a rustic cream panel slightly smaller than the card base.
3. Cut three panels from different patterned papers and adhere to cardstock panel.
4. Machine stitch the seam between the top and middle panel.
5. Cover the seam between the middle panel and bottom panel with measuring tape.
6. Die cut dress form and stamp thread spools and cut out. Ink all edges.
7. Embellish with ribbon, embroidery floss, jewels, and button.
8. Dye Ribbon. I used an E50 Egg Shell Copic Marker to dye my ribbon, then I sprayed the ribbon with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds Mist, then I ran the edge of the ribbon along a Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad to give it a nice distressed look. I crinkled the ribbon and dried it with an embossing heat gun.
8. Stamp sentiment. (I selectively inked the stamp and made the sentiment fit in the floral tag from PTI's Tiny Tag set.)
Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you join in the fun this week!!!