Thursday, March 10, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #242: SPONGED STAMPING

Hi dear friends!! We have almost made it to Friday!!!  Whooo hoo!!  I am so loving all my new Papertrey Ink stamps, dies and stencils!!  Creativity totally adds spice to life, doesn't it!!  I have a card to share inspired from the Make It Monday Challenge at PTI.  Here's the challenge:
--Create a project utilizing your take on the challenge. Your project must use at least one Papertrey product and sponged stamping.
I used the Life is Beautiful Butterfly to complete the challenge.  I stamped the stamp with Hibiscus Burst Ink and then sponged Sweet Blush Ink on the edges and Raspberry Fizz Ink on the center of the butterfly.  I also used the technique on the leaves with a little Vintage Jadeite Ink sponged with some Hawaiian Shores Ink.  So fun.  I used Color Pop Florals and Painted Petals stamp sets in addition to the Life Is Beautiful Butterflies.  So many fun stamps are included in these sets and when you pair them up with pretty inks, it totally makes my heart happy!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!!  Hope you have an awesome Friday!!
Kristii

14 comments:

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet card! It has a warm vintage feel to it with those tiny little flowers in the background. Your sponged color is fabulous on both the butterfly and the leaves. Love it!

lainey said...

This is beautiful! The sponging and flowers are a lovely background for your butterfly.

Cindy O said...

The stenciling and flowers make a great background for your butterfly! The sponging is so nice for the butterfly and leaves. Beautiful card!

Marcia Hill said...

What a pretty card Kristi! Love that background, and your blended butterfly is just gorgeous! This is one of those cards that just makes me happy looking at it!! :0)

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous, Kristii, think I might have to CASE this one. Haven't opened my Color Pops yet...hopefully soon I can play in my stamp room again. Have a great weekend!

Jeni Jenne said...

Sweet, sweet card! Love the colors, composition, mixing of stamp sets, background... everything!

Kathryn A said...

Absolutely lovely card! The flowers, sponging and stencilling are the perfect background behind your butterflies!

Patti said...

Oh my goodness!! is this ever beautiful!! from top to bottom this card is delightful! : )

Your sponge stamping is just perfect!

Patti

Greta said...

Beautiful colors & incredible card, Kristi--gorgeous!

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card! Love the sponging and the delicate background!

Karen B. said...

Pretty! I love the colors of ink you chose and your gorgeous design.

Helen F. said...

Kristii, your beautiful card is sure to brighten the day for it's lucky recipient. The soft colors and stenciled background are perfect for that focal point butterfly!
PS: Please stop by my blog to read about a fun new challenge starting soon! http://handmadecardsbyhelen.blogspot.com

Judi G said...

Beautiful card Kristii! I especially love the background, georgeous sponging mixed with the little floral!

Leigh Penner said...

this is gorgeous, Kristii!