Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glitz Design Graduation Celebration

Hi there dear friends! I have a different type of post for you today!  My daughter graduated from college this past December and I wanted to make some special decorations for the celebration since there were no graduation decorations available.  The school colors were blue and gold and I immediately thought of the Vintage Blue Collection from glitz Design!

My first project was a card for the graduate:
I used Vintage Blue Motif paper along with a Vintage Blue Cardstock Title Sticker for the base of the card.  The sticker's sentiment, "Celebrate the Sweet Life" is perfect for a graduation!!
I added some lace, Tim Holtz Ideology metal embellishments and button to finish the card.

Supplies used:
Glitz Design Vintage Blue Paper: Motif
Glitz Design Vintage Blue Cardstock Stickers: Titles
Other Supplies:
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, For the Graduate Stamps, Parisian Lace Doily Die; Hand Dyed Seam Binding; Prima Lace; Tim Holtz Ideaology Embellishments; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink

I also created a "Congrats Grad" banner using the Vintage Blue Polka Papers:
The Vintage Blue Polka Paper is Blue on one side and Gold on the back side.  Absolutely Perfect!!!  I cut two sizes of banners and adhered the gold onto the blue banner.  I cut out the letters using my Cricut machine and I added some Melissa Frances Tissue Paper Garland and die-cut doily.
I used my Crop-o-dile to punch holes in the corners of each pennant and tied the pennants together with button twine.  I also added a die-cut star to separate the two words in the banner.
I hung the banner in the hallway entrance and it made our dining room very fun and festive!

Supplies used:
Glitz Design Vintage Blue Polka Papers
Melissa Frances Tissue Paper Garland
Papertrey Ink Rustic cream paper and StarDie, Banner Die and Parisian Lace Doily Die
Cricut Machine and A Child's Year Cartridge

Thanks for stopping by!!
Wishing you a very Glitzy Day,
Kristii

3 comments:

Mara Campbell said...

What a great banner! And so many beautiful details on your card, the doily, the lace, the ribbon bow!

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, how fabulous! I know your daughter must have been tickled over these sweet things you made her. What a gorgeous card. Love how you personalized it with her school colors. And that banner is just stunning. Awesome job, Kristii!

Lea L. said...

Such a sweet idea! I bet she loved it!