Sunday, February 21, 2010

Vintage Book Paper Flower Tutorial

Good morning everyone!!
What a blessed morning it is!! It is cold and snowy and gray outside, but my dear hubby is home all day long and that makes me very warm and happy inside!! I hope you have a ray of sunshine in your day wherever you may be!!!

I am excited to share this tutorial with you because it is very easy and cost effective and the results are fantastic!!! I just love making embellishments out of supplies I have around the house! I have collected a few vintage books over the years and I love using them in as many projects as I can!! Next time you are at a garage sale...check and see if you can find some old books...they will come in handy many times over!!!!

Supplies Needed:
Vintage book Paper or book paper that has been inked to appear vintage
Scallop Circle Punch
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Distress Ink

Punch 16 circles out of the book paper.
Layer them together.
Staple with the tiny attacher as shown.
Begin crinkling the flower layers to the center one petal at a time.
Continue crinkling the layers until you get to the last 4 layers. Those layers can be crinkled slightly to the back side of the flower to give it fullness.
Add color to your flower with Distress Inks. I used Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain, but any colors will make this flower absolutely awesome!!!

Here is the finished product. You may even want to add a button or other embellishment to the center for fun!!!
If you have any questions, leave me a note or email me at klockart@msn.com and I will answer any questions you may have!!!

Enjoy!!
Kristii

15 comments:

Mel said...

Thanks for posting this Kristii. I love to make my own embellies out of scraps so will defo be using this in a layout soon.

Lemon Lane Studio said...

OOHHH! I have all the supplies on hand. Maybe tonight when all is quiet, I can give them a try. Thanks for the tutorial.

Unknown said...

Oh that is so fun Mom! Cool!

Stacey said...

I love these! What a wonderful tutorial. I am going to have to give them a try.

Lorry said...

Thanks for posting Kristii!!
Hoping to give these a try soon. Have a great week friend!
xoxo

Susan Beth said...

Love this! I was just at another blog and thinking "I've got to learn to make some of those news print flowers." And next blog I stopped at was here, and I learned! Amazing! You are amazing too!

Lea L. said...

Pretty Kristii!! Love it!

♥Lea

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Kristi, do you mind if I post a link to your blog for this tutorial? email me, Patty

lisaplus6 said...

yay! these are just like the paper bag flowers i have made- i LOVE them :) thanks for sharing Kristii :)

Carla said...

Oh my, Kristii, those flowers are just beautiful!! I could really use those in my heritage album!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

Brenda said...

ohhhh I LOVE the look of these!!! Thank you sooo much!
hugs
Brenda

Jocelyn said...

Love this tutorial...I am going to make one RIGHT NOW!!!

Smiles to you!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

oh my. i love this! last year i loved all the flowers that were out and this year i'm not so crazy about them. this is perfect. my friend Jocelyn sent my your link. i'm gonna pop over to your blog and have a look.
thanks for sharing.

Betsy said...

I really (REALLY) appreciate your posting this! Thanks so much! Can't wait to try it!

jenell white said...

hI THANKS FOR THE FLOWER INSTRUCTION CANT WAIT TO TRY IT. jENELL