Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gift Giving CPS Style!!

Good morning friends!! It's a beautiful morning here in Southwestern Montana!!! The temperature is a balmy 37 degrees and the moon looks spectacular shining in the clouds. My sweet hubby had to go to work early and so I was up early enough to catch a glimpse of that glorious sight!!! What an amazing God we have to paint such beautiful pictures for us to enjoy!! It is so important to take a minute to appreciate the beauty that surrounds us every day, even at 4:00 in the morning!

Today I want to share a little gift I made for my sweet Mother-in-Law using the Card Positioning Systems sketch for this week. Here's the sketch:
and here's my take on the sketch:
This little pocket card is inspired by Betsy Veldman and is full of little tags, bookplates, and book marks and is perfect for those who love to read!! I used my January Little Red Scrapbook kit and Papertrey Ink's All Booked Up stamp set!
Supplies Used:
Little Red Scrapbook January Kit featuring Bo Bunny Olivia papers
PTI Cardstock: Rustic Cream
PTI stamps: All Booked Up, Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers
PTI Dies: Limitless Labels, Mat Stack 3, Bookmark, Jar Label, and Tag Sale 1
PTI Ink: Dark Chocolate
Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger: Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive and Brushed Corduroy
PTI Felt: Ocean Tides and Simply Chartreuse
Creative Imaginations Lace Tape
Kaiser Craft Pearl
PTI Button and Button Twine

Thanks for stopping by!
Wishing you a day full of sunshine and smiles!!
Kristii

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Such a neat project...love what you've done...excellent giftie!

Kara said...

gorgeous!! what a wonderful gift!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is gorgeous, and such a sweet gift idea!

lisaplus6 said...

beautiful!!! i now want to try one of these for my children who LOVE to read! you are such a talent kristii!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this!! I love love love all tags!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Love this!!!!!! Super cute!!!

Wishing you a great day!

Karen C. said...

Beautiful gift - the pocket card with all the goodies is such a great idea. The flower accent is so pretty too.

Mariana said...

This is so great I may have to steal your idea, my daughter would love something like this! Awesome!

Laurie said...

What a gorgeous project! And such a great gift! You are so talented!

Trees said...

What a great gift. I love the colors you chose and the way you arranged the tags is perfections. You know i'll be back for more inspiration!

DF said...

Wow, you sure put a lot of work into this - and it's gorgeous! Love all the peaks of the images on the bookmarks.

Tsukikusa (月草) said...

What a very beautiful gift!!

Lorraine said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! What an awesome gift!

Carla said...

Soooo beautiful Kristii!!! I am always so in awe of your work!

Linda Suarez said...

Wow! So cute. You did an amazing job.

Stephanie said...

Wow.....Look at all those goodies in that pouch. Each one is prettier than the next! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Kristii, I love it and the papers you used. I am going to have to lift it to use as a gift box for William when he has a good day in school. With prizes like making a video, extra computer time. I don't mean to belittle you precious work but I need all the help I can get with him!

Jeanne

Amy Kolling said...

Kristii, this is absolutely beautiful!! What a gorgeous giftie! I love everything about this!!