Monday, August 8, 2011

Sweet Baby Invites with Pink Persimmon

Good morning dear friends!!  What a gorgeous morning it is!! Summer days just bring out the "happy" in me if you know what I mean!!  I guess you also have to understand that I live in Montana, and some years, summer days are very limited!  I am very thankful indeed!!!

Today I want to share with you some fun little baby invitations that I made using Pink Persimmon's Baby Clothesline Stamps.
Aren't they absolutely adorable? I thought it would be fun to make several different invitations, each one a little different than the other.

I cut the cards out with my Cricut Machine using the Wild Card Cartridge and the Doily base with the blackout feature.  I printed the invitation details out on my computer and cut them out with a Spellbinders Nestalbilities Standard Circle Die.
Each card features a fussy cut element from the stamp set using scraps from my stash.
Of course, I had to throw in a vintage element!! I used a scalloped piece of vintage hymnal paper on each one.  So simple, yet very effective!!  I also had to embellish each invite with my signature hand-dyed seam binding ribbon.
I embellished each bow with flowers and buttons to add that sweet little touch to make each card special!
I also lightly inked all the edges to add to the vintage effect!
I stamped the little sailor suit onto blue cardstock and colored in the trim with a Zig Chalk Collection Calligraphy pen.  I just love the subtle effect it gives!!  I used Pink Persimmon's Baby Greetings Stamp Set to stamp the sentiment.
I love that you can manipulate the sentiment on your block to curve it the way you want it to look on your card.  These cards called for the sentiment to be curved in a semi circle and it was no problem at all!  I also used the hearts from this collection and colored them in with a Copic Marker.  There are so many possibilities with these sets!!  I just love them!!
Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Pink Persimmon Baby Clothesline and Baby Greetings
Cricut Machine:  Wild Card Cartridge
Papertrey Ink Cardstock:   Sweet Blush, Spring Rain, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Rustic Cream
Vintage Hymnal Paper
Hand Dyed Seam Binding:  MemrieMare
Ink:  Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink; Memento Tuxedo Black
Buttons, Flowers, and paper scraps from my stash
Zig Calligraphy White Chalk Pen
Copic Markers:
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and sharing the fun with me!!!  I appreciate you!!!
Kristii

7 comments:

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness these are precious! You've done a beautiful job on all of these!

TesaB said...

Awwwww, they are sooo sweet! Darling stamps, adorable cards!!!

itsallrosi said...

these are just beautiful!

Connie Mercer said...

what a nice surprise to have you visit my blog~you still amaze me girl ** beautiful goods on your blog*** cm

Ann said...

Oh they are so sweet! I love that each one is different making them a very special keepsake for the recipient.

Margaret M said...

Kristii your cute little cards just make me wish I had a little grandbaby! Great idea for a shower! Love the vintage look of them too.

Roma said...

Aww these are so cute !