Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 7 Chalkboard Art

Hi there dear friends!  I am so behind with my 12 days posts, and I am so sorry for not being able to keep up.  As most of you know, I started a new job!!  I'm the new District Secretary for our local public schools and I love my job!! I am so blessed to be working with some amazing people and I am learning so many new things.  We also moved Benny back home, whoo hoo!  I am so happy to have him home!  Needless to say, I've been quite busy and my creative side has had to take a back seat over the past few weeks.  I'm hoping that I'll catch up soon, but honestly after the events of last week, I have really considered what is most important in this life.  Spending time with family and helping others in need is most important and card making has become secondary.  I don't know where this will go, but I do feel the need to spend some of my free time volunteering in some way.  Now that I don't spend much of my days with students, I'm thinking I may search out a way to give back to the community and work with students in some way.  I don't know where this will all go, but thanks for letting me share my heart with you!!  I appreciate you all tremendously!

I finally felt my creative energies call out to me today!  I had a blank spot on my wall that needed to be filled.  I have been admiring all the chalkboard art that I've been seeing lately, but I haven't had the time to give it a try.  Don't worry, I will some time.  Betsy Veldman has totally inspired me and I will try her techniques in the near future!  For this project, I searched online for free printables and I found a couple of good sites with fabulous Christmas Art.  Mothertime Marketplace is where I found the printable I used and this is a great site too!  Thank you so much for sharing your art with all of us!!!

I received the most wonderful package from a friend of mine, Suzanne, who sent me Wplus9 Folk Art Flurry stamps and the Simple Snowflake Die.  I love them soooo much and I just had to use them in my new wall art project!  First, I printed out the chalkboard art, then I embellished the print with stamps and die cuts.  So easy and soooo much fun!!  Don't you just love the snowflakes?  They are fabulous!
  I added a Filigree border die to the top and bottom of the print, a banner from the Glitz Design Joyeux Noel Line, and a floral and bow from my stash.  It took only a few minutes for me to put the project together and now I have a full display that will shine during our holiday celebrations!
Thank you so much for stopping by and Merry Christmas!
Kristii

No comments: