Monday, January 25, 2016

Good morning dear friends!!  I'm starting the year off with a crafty focus!!  I've been enjoying my new stamps and watercolor paper from PTI and it feels so good to be active in my craft room again!! I decided to get in on the fun with Papertrey Ink's first blog hop of the year!!  Here's the challenge:

January inspiration
and here's my take on the challenge:
I used the turquoise color as the base of my card and drew in some of the dark colors to add depth.  I added the pretty little flower accent to bring in a light pop of orange.  For the base I used a sheet of polka dot patterned paper from an old Crate Paper line called open book.  I inked the polka dot paper with Aqua Mist ink and layered it over an Aqua Mist card base.  I then colored the blossom in the Bold Blossom Water Color sheet with Copic Markers and I also colored the little flower with a Copic Marker as well.

I die cut the butterflies several times out of water color paper and vellum and layered them over the water color base.  I added a little lace for fun and then added a stamped banner for the sentiment.

Supplies Used:
Aqua Mist Cardstock and Ink
Copic Markers:
C00 - Cool Gray
C1 - Cool Gray
B00 - Frost Blue
B0000 - Pale Celestine
R01 - Pinkish Vanilla
G40 - Dim Green
G43 - Pistachio
PTI Beautiful Butterflies Dies 
PTI Bigger Blooms Sentiment
Lace from my stash

Thanks for stopping by and celebrating creativity with me!!!
Have a wonderful day!!

27 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Beautiful! Love the medallion of white butterflies.

Julia Aston said...

What lovely blooms behind your beautiful butterfly!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kristii. So delicate looking. Love the layered flowers on the butterfly.

Betty Wright said...

WOW Gorgeous! Beautiful background and the layered white and vellum butterflies are fabulous!

Joanne said...

Beautiful card. Excellent balance.

Keri said...

Beautiful! Welcome back! :)

Cammie said...

Kristii, such a pretty interpretion of the the challenge photo. Water color, flowers, and ethereal butterflies make me happy.

Leigh Penner said...

This is beautiful, Kristii!

Diana K said...

So beautiful! I'm happy to see you posting today. I've always loved your work and I've missed seeing it. Hugs.

Lynn Put said...

This is wonderful, Kristii! Love your layered butterflies and watercolored flower background.

Birgit said...

Oh this is simply stunning! I love everything about it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Kristii!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Glad to see you're making cards again. This ones a beauty Kristii!

Skrater said...

What a lovely card! The coloring is great and the butterflies are so stunning!

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful! Love seeing a feminine take on such a graphic inspiration photo...love it!! :0)

tonyamaries said...

So pretty! Love the layered butterflies!

Martha said...

Kristii, this is simply beautiful!
I love it.

SmilynStef said...

I love the patterns down the side and those pretty blooms.

Michelle said...

Beautiful blue Bold Blossoms and lovely layered butterflies..... a gorgeous combination!

Helen F. said...

Oh Kristii! this is such a beautiful interpretation of the inspiration art.

Vikki H said...

What an original and soft take on the graphic design which kind of stumped a few of us. Your card is very beautiful and the butterfly amazing!

Karen said...

What a great way to use the Bold Blossoms watercolor paper! I haven't broken into mine yet; thanks for the inspiration. Beautiful!

Birgit said...

Hi Kristii. I have to use those butterflies more often. How beautiful! And ...you already have the bold blossom watercolor paper, sigh. Perfect combination. Love your card!

Marybeth said...

Kristii ,this is so beautiful and elegant! I love everything you create ! Love your take on the photo with this beauty!

Danielle Flanders said...

How gorgeous! Such pretty layering!!

Maureen said...

this is so gorgeous! LOVE the layered butterfly!

Sadie said...

Your card is so soft looking with beautiful colors!! Love it as I do all your cards always!!