Monday, December 29, 2008

10 Favorites of 2008

With 2009 quickly approaching, I thought it would be fun to post my 10 favorite layouts for 2008. I had so much fun scrapping this year!! I really focused on dimension and getting out of my box! I used scrapping as my therapy when my mom passed on, and it brought me great release and comfort. I love this hobby that has become my passion. I poured my heart and soul into my work and these are my favorite of the year (not in any particular order:
1. This layout is a design made for the So Sketchy Blog. Ally's sketches really stretched me and I had a ball with each and every one of them. These pictures of my sweet girl just tell the whole story. It really has gone by in the blink of an eye!!

2. This layout was done for a challenge at Scrapping the Music. Scrapping the Music is one of the best challenge blogs out there and I have loved being on their DT. I look so forward to what 2009 has in store! This layout is of my sweet dd once again. She was getting ready for the prom and I just love the moment that was captured here! 3. The layout is of my oldest daughter and was created for the So Sketchy Blog. The sketch was amazing and worked perfectly for this sweet little angelic picture. Little did I know that the gold floss would be so hard to work with, but I love the results!4. This layout was created for the So Sketchy blog too. I love how the desing came together!! My sweet dd was trying to get into nursing school and the quote was perfect and still holds true: "Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid {Faith} in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent but with great inner drive go much further than people with vastly superior talent"~Sophia Loren. This layout as well as the others were made with my Studio Calico kits. Studio Calico kits totally rock!!
5. This was made for the Scrapping the Music challenge. Lots of Prima flowers and SC goodies!


6. Another STM challenge layout. This photo of my dd and her husband is just gorgeous and I just love the splash of red along with the black and cream.
7. This layout for the So Sketchy Blog was sparked by my mom's illness. I took a family photo and cut the two of us out of it. Little did I know how little time we had and how much more important the memories would become.

8. This would be my first STM challenge. The song was amazing and these pictures fit perfectly. I won the challenge and eventually a spot on the DT!!! I love STM!!!

9. This was just a fun layout of my sweet dd's. I used SC goodies and it wa #1 on Two Peas for several days! It really spurred me on to becoming a better scrapper!!

10. This layout was made for Little Red Scrapbook. It was one of the first layouts that I did that got me out of my box. Use the same photo more than once on a layout??? Why not. I loved the results!! What a cutie she is!! 11. I realized I forgot another one of my favorites. This on is for LRS as well. You just gotta love Sassafrass Lass and Jenni Bowlin papers!!
I had a blast scrapping in 2008 and I am looking forward to what 2009 has in store!!


Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day!!

Kristii

17 comments:

Susan Beth said...

They are all so wonderful! Love them!

Nicole said...

I love all your layouts Kristii! I plan on really challenging myself in 2009 not only to get more pages done but to come out from my comfort zone and try new things. Thanks for all the great inspiration!

vtpuggirl said...

You always do beautiful work, and it was neat to see which ones are your favorites (I have my favorites of yours too, some here, some not.) Have a great new year my friend!

Chris Dodaj said...

Wow, wow wow, all your layouts are over the top gorgeous!!
I love how you picked each and the reason it was your favorite.
Mine is the one with the two photos of you daughter, like now and then. Just stunning!

Francine said...

wow, your work is amazing!!!!

Jennifer Roach said...

These ARE all amazing layouts!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok...today I love U even more!!! These are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Thanks for ALWAYS being INSPIRING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mara Campbell said...

Kristii, you continue to inspire me. I love seeing all your favorites in one spot. I hope you have a great holiday with your family. Here's to a wonderful 2009!!

Mara Campbell said...

Kristii, you continue to inspire me. I love seeing all your favorites in one spot. I hope you have a great holiday with your family. Here's to a wonderful 2009!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Those are breathtaking!!!

Jocelyn said...

I just found your Blog through Julie and WOW, what a creative lady you are! I just adore all your LO's that you posted. Love all the detail and dimension. You just gave me some inspiration that I have so needed! Wishing you and your wonderful family a Blessed New Year!!! Stop and visit with me. Not much creative up on the blog these last few weeks, but you can meet the family!

Anonymous said...

love seeing these kristii - your work is just amazing! happy new year!

liz mataraza said...

beautiful! each one has so much detail...love them!

you have a beautiful home too!

Jacquie said...

every last one is wonderful and amazing.

katrina said...

i love them! great choices, kristii!!

Mary Jo said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Love, love, love your work!! :0)

Cath said...

I love your pages sooo much, they have such great dimension and depth.