Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Beautiful Dreamer Friends and Christmas

Hi friends!!!! I hope you're having an absolutely splendid day!!!  I can't tell you how excited I am to share some cards I made with Glitz Design's Beautiful Dreamer goodies today!!   You will see just how versatile the Beautiful Dreamer papers are!  

The first card is all about friendship!  Giving that special friend in your life something pretty to brighten up her day is what this card is all about!

I used a Beautiful Dreamer Paper layer as the base of my card.  Isn't it just divine?  Next, I stamped the lacy image from the Vintage Blue Stamp Set along the bottom!! Don't you just love the intricate pattern? It's absolutely beautiful!! I added a contrasting scalloped border, buttons, floral, bow and sentiment.  Such a beautiful card and it took no time at all!  The Glitz goodies speak for themselves!
Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Papers:  Polka and Floral
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Stamps
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink:  Rustic Cream Cardstock, Double Edged Banner Die, Buttons and twine; Making Memories Love Notes Shaped Pins; Prima Floral; Joann's Ribbon; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink; Stampin Up Scallop Punch;

The second card takes on a different twist with the Beautiful Dreamer goodies!!!  The pink stripe paper reminds me of a candy cane and so I just had to make a Christmas Card with it!!  Pure deliciousness!!!
I cut a piece of the stripe paper slightly smaller than my 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base, cut the bottom third off and flipped it over to use as contrast.  Such an easy way to get the exact measurement that you need.  I punched the bottom edge of the contrasting paper and it added a little visual interest to the bottom of the card.  Then I die cut some snowflakes and deer.  I inked and glittered the snowflakes and inked the edges of the deer.  I layered the snowflakes, a Beautiful Dreamer Journaling Tag, and the deer as shown.  Then I added some lace, ribbon, jingle bells, buttons and twine to embellish.  I layered the sentiment under the deer for effect.
Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Papers: Stripe
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Trim
Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer" Journaling Tag
Other Supplies: Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Love Lives Here: Christmas Stamps, Damask Snowflake Die Collection, Double Edged Banner Die, Button and twine; Tim Holtz Dies by Sizzix Reindeer Flight; Vintage Hymnal Paper; Hand Dyed Seam Binding: MemrieMare; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink; Prima Lace; Martha Stewart Glitter;

Thanks for stopping by!! 
Wishing you a very Glitzy day!
Kristii

4 comments:

Margaret M said...

Kristii both cards are just lovely! I love the papers you used and the embellishments. I especially like the 2nd card..might have to CASE that one! TFS!

Audrey Pettit said...

My goodness, Kristii, you make the MOST amazing cards!! Both of these are so stunning! LOVE that paper, and my gosh your designs and details are out of this world. :)

TesaB said...

My heart nearly stopped when I saw these. Soooo absolutly WONDERFUL! So hard to express in English but these really, REALLY took my breath away! :)

Unknown said...

Kristii-These cards are so sweet! I absolutely love them both and especially like the deer on the Christmas card made w/ music ....you never fail to amaze me! God has truly blessed you with a special talent for crafting! (o: