Sunday, January 29, 2012

Glitz Design Happy Travels Reveal

Hi there dear friends!!  I hope you are enjoying your Sunday!  I have one last Glitz Design reveal to share with you today!!!  The Happy Trails papers are so pretty and the colors are perfect for home decorating projects!  I made a twin pair of topiaries to add color and beauty to a corner table or any space that needs a pick me up!

I think I must have made around 140-150 flowers for these topiaries.  The flowers are so fun to make and aren't too hard at all...just a little time consuming!!

Flower making Tutorial:
1.  Cut 60-80 5-inch circles.  I like to add a wave to my circles to create an easy way to bend the petals back.
2.  Cut an even spiral in your circles leaving a round base on the inside of your spiral.

3.  Roll the spiral beginning with the oustide edge tightly.  Allow the rolled rose to relax and glue the rolled flower with hot glue to the base you created when you cut the spiral.
4.  Once the hot glue is dry, cover the rose pteals with Tim Holtz Rock Candy Stickles.  This will allow the rose to become pliable and allow you to bend the edges of the petals backward to add depth and interest. The stickles also adds a glittery shine to your flowers!
5.  Ink the edges of the petals. To add more depth and interest.
I look forward to making more of these for my corner table.  They are a wonderful decoration!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
I hope you enjoyed all the fun projects I was able to create with all the wonderful Glitz Designs Goodies!!
I look forward to creating more Glitz Goodies in the days to come!
Hope you have a wonderful day,
Kristii

2 comments:

rudlis said...

This is absolutely fabulous!

m1ch3113lee said...

love this. Thanks for sharing. Very pretty. Cant wait to try it myself..