Sunday, October 20, 2013

Make It Monday #136 Textured Stamping

Happy Sunday sweet friends!!  I have been enjoying spectacular color and cooler weather of these beautiful fall days and I trust that you have been too!  In celebration of Fall, I have made a fun little banner using the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge.  

Ashley challenged us to use a little creativity when inking our stamps to create texture and here is my take on the challenge and you can see the video here:
I swiped the stamp on the ink pad and created a rustic looking pumpkin and I totally love the texture and visual feel of the stamped image! What a fun way to add texture to your projects!!


 I started by die cutting some pennants using the Papertrey Ink Basic Banners Die Colection out of Rustic Cream Cardstock layered with patterned paper strips.  This technique was inspired by my favorite crafter Melissa Phillips on her Blog Lilybean Paperie!!  She is absolutely amazing!!
I took my little pennants and embellished them with a stamped tag using Think Big Favorites #19 and added some Leaves from the Autumn Acorns set and alphas from the Jillibean Soup  Corrugated Kraft Alphabet set.

I tied all the banners together with Jute twine and added some Melissa Frances Tissue Paper Garland.  Such a fun and festive little project and a great way to say Happy Fall!!

Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Basic Banner Dies
Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #19 Stamps
Papertrey Ink Autumn Acorns stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink Orange Zest, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise,  and Harvest Gold Inks
Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
Jillibean Soup Corrugated Kraft Alphas
Papertrey Ink Patterned Paper
Papertrey Ink Jute Twine

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a happy Fall!!
Kristii

3 comments:

Carolanne said...

Just LOVE this banner! Pumpkin turned out great with the technique. Very rustic and fall like!

Joyce said...

What a fabulous banner. I love the way those swiped pumpkins look, as well as the entire banner.

maria f. said...

What a beautiful project.