Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pretty In Pink Gift Set With Glitz Design

Good morning sweet friends!!  I've been having lots of fun with Glitz Design Digital Goodies and today I have a fun little journal and card gift set to share with you!

Both projects feature the ledger paper from the Pretty in Pink Digital Paper Pack.  I think the ledger paper is my favorite out of all the papers in the Winter Lines.   You will find the sweet little bird cage in the French Kiss Digital Element Pack.  I added a little more pink to the birdcage using Photoshop Elements so that it would match the Pretty Ink Pink paper.  I printed out the birdcage three times and fussy cut one of the images.  I fussy cut the flowers from the second image to add a layer giving the image a little dimension.  The third image was die cut using Papertrey Ink's Hexagon Cover plate to add some floral embellishments to the hexagon pattern.

I used the Pretty In Pink 6x6 paper pad to cut some more hexagons, inked them and then adhered the pieces to the base of the card.  I resized the Pretty In Pink Title element and made it a little smaller so I could die cut a Double Ended Banner for the sentiment.
\
The journal adds Pretty In Pink Digital Elements Flowers and Frame 3 to the pretty pink background.  I enlarged the birdcage and printed it twice.  I fussy cut the bird cage from one and the flowers from the other.  
 
I typed the quote, "I feel like a tiny bird, with a great big song",  on Word using the KG Strawberry Limeade font.  I inked the edges and hand cut the banner ends.  I added some seam binding ribbon and hand made flowers to embellish.

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Pretty In Pink 6x6 Paper Pad
Glitz Design Digital Pretty In Pink Papers:   Ledger
Glitz Design Digital Pretty In Pink Elements:  Frame 3 and Flowers
Glitz Design Digital French Kiss Elements:  Whatnots 4

Thanks for stopping by!!!
I wish you a very Glitzy Day!!
Kristii

3 comments:

Marybeth said...

Both are gorgeous. I love the paper pack you used in these two beauties. These printed papers sure give happy hexagons a new vintage look. Great job!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

BEAUTIFUL, just BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE what you did!
Thank you so much for sharing both!
Susan

Helen F. said...

These are gorgeous! Love journal and card gift idea. All the pink, patterned papers, flowers and birdcage add such a true vintage beauty to both.