Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop

Hi there sweet friends!!!  I'm so excited this morning!! I actually had time to work on a card for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!!  Whoooo Hooo!  This month's blog hop focuses on beautiful summer colors!  Who can resist a summery challenge?  Not me, that's for sure!! I love everything about summer!!  I just wish it wouldn't go by so fast!  Anyway, I better get on to the challenge:

The-Challenge
Blog-hop-inspiration
This month's inspiration is all about pairing up beautiful summer colors as this wonderful season begins to come to a close.  Put together some citrusy hues along with some pretty floral images to create the perfect project that embodies everything summer.  We look forward to seeing your creations!
and here's my take on the challenge:

I used my new favorite set, The Sweet Life, for this card!!  This set is appropriate for any type of card you need to make!  I am finding myself turning to it constantly these days!!  I used Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Berry Sorbet ink to create the roses and Simply Chartreuse and Spring Moss to create the leaves.  The Butterfly comes from Rhonna Farrer digital kits
Supplies Used:


Papertrey Inks: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush, Lemon Tart, and Berry Sorbet.
Papertrey Ink Papers: Stamper's Select White and Lemon Tart
Chevron Paper: Free Printable from Mel Stampz
Lace from my stash

Thanks for stopping by!!
Kristii

33 comments:

craftmates said...

Beautiful card Kristii! Love the roses and the chevron pattern. - Irma

Teresa said...

So pretty, Kristii!I love the chevron with the roses.Your lace is beautiful!!

Kara said...

beautiful Kristii! Love the mix of floral and chevron and that butterfly is so cool!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, it's beautiful! I love the colours you used for your roses, and I love that big, fat, juicy yellow bow!

Helen F. said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Kristii! I love this stamp set and your chevron background is perfect behind the roses :)

Inkyfingers said...

What a great mix of design elements on your pretty card. I can't wait to get my hands on those stamps!

victoria h said...

beautiful card- love the roses

Ginger Claire said...

Loving those roses on such a beautiful card x

Renee said...

OMGoodness...
gorgeous!!
And I can't look at the flowers...
I just can't because if I look I'm going to want and I don't need...so I can't look!! :)
But that paper is perfection for this...
and that gorgeous lace!!
Stunning, Kristii!!

pamela said...

Wow I LOVE how you tied the ribbon! So puffy ^_^ So many people using Sweet Life, now I'm very tempted to get it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really beautiful Kristin! Love how you used the colours.

Karen (carefree creations) said...

Such a cool card! I love the chevron borders and little lace trim.

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful. I was just wondering how those roses would look with the chevrons.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! I love the placement of your flowers!

StephH said...

As always Kristii, an inspiring card! I've admired your work for a few years now...alway so creative. I am kicking myself for not getting this set on release night. So perfect for this month's theme.

Jacquie Southas said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love the chevrons with the roses (I so covet that set) and the lace>

cutiephinphin said...

Lovely card... love how you added the chevron pattern

Karen said...

So beautiful! That Sweet Life stamp didn't get in the basket this time, but I'm thinking I really do need it! You did a great job of enabling. :-) I love that chevron background!

Luanne said...

The roses are beautiful! Gorgeous!

Crafty Kate said...

Great use of the chevron paper with the flowers! Gorgeous!

Terri said...

Love all the different elements especially the roses.

Cheryl said...

I love the touches of chevrons, and I love that you used yellow so predominantly. Beautiful card!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love the chevron (and how it's sunny yellow) with the flowers! Such a pretty card, Kristii!

Kim Heggins said...

So lovely...your roses look real and the trim, so fancy and fabulous.

Rhonda said...

Great card Kristi. Love the chevron paper and all the detail.

Kathy Mc said...

Gorgeous card, Kristii. Didn't order that stamp set but now I'm thinking I need to add it to my wish list. When does one have enough floral sets? Guess it's never! Haven't tried the digital papers yet but love the look of your chevrons. Must add to my "things to try" list.

Geri said...

This turned out gorgeous!!

Dana said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the trim!!

Anonymous said...

Kristi, what a great card. I love how you put the lace in the chevron. What a perfect detail.

Joyce said...

My goodness. This card is just gorgeous. I love how you made those roses. They are so elegant.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Darling card. I love the chevron. THanks for visiting my blog yesterday and leaving a nice comment.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Kristii. The roses are lovely... the chevron looks great!

Sadie said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I'm loving those chevron stripes!!! and very nice how you placed them.