Friday, July 29, 2011

Oh Dear with Pink Persimmon

Happy Friday dear friends!!  It has been quite a week!  My kids visited from Washington, my sweet hubby hurt his back while on the job, and we are temporarily leaving the empty nest.  In the midst of all the craziness, I was able to work on a couple of cards for my favorite stamp company, Pink Persimmon.  I used their adorable Oh Dear stamp sets and had a ton of fun!!


My first thought when taking these cute little dear out of their packages was that they reminded me of my childhood.  I had a folk art style bed that was painted with little dear and hearts and I just loved that bed!  I googled "folk art" and this is what I came up with for my inspiration:
Inspiration Link:  Threadbear

and with that inspiration, I made this:
I selectively inked the folk art tree stamp and created the little flower motif in the background.  I colored the dear with Copic Markers and stamped the sentiment over the top.  Very easy and very folk art inspired!

Supplies used:
Pink Persimmon Oh Dear Stamps
Papertrey Ink Rustic White Cardstock and button
Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe Papers
Prima Lace
Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger: Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey and Tea Dye
Hand Dyed Seam Binding  MemrieMare
Copic Markers: Light Walnut E57 and Walnut E59

In the second card, I chose to fussy cut the dear out of subtle patterned paper:

Supplies Used:
Pink Persimmon Oh Dear Stamps
Webster's Pages Country Estate Patterned Paper
Papertrey Ink Rustic White Cardstock
Papertrey Ink Picket Fence Die
Prima Lace
Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger: Tea Dye
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
Prima Lace
Hand Dyed Seam Binding: MemrieMare
Florals from my stash

I just love these little deer and I want to thank you for allowing me to share them with you!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Kristii

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kristii......These are so, so adorable! Love the soft colors and all of your embellishments. Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Kristii~ Wow! I love your cards. I especially like the folk art tree stamp and the way you were inspired to create the card through a quilt design!!! Very sweet and beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooo cute!! LOVING those deer! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards - that folk art one is so sweet and I love the layering in your second ;)
Rx

Jennifer M. said...

These are too pretty. Love the colors you chose and your embellishments are perfect.

Jen

Marlena M. said...

Such unique designs....your cards are beautiful! ;)

Susan Beth said...

Hope the back heals quickly! Love the cards too!

Marybeth said...

Both cards are beautiful, I love the second card with the dear and the fence.