Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Old Friends and Glitz Design

Good morning dear sweet friends!!  It's time for more Glitz Goodness and today I am focusing on cards for those friends and loved ones that I am not able to visit with regularly.  It's important for them to know I love them and that I think about them often.  What better way to show your love, than with a sweet little homemade card! 

In the first card, I used a Glitz Design Afternoon Muse Whatnot and combined it with some Afternoon Muse papers, a doily and some buttons.  What an easy card to make and it's perfect for sharing your thoughts with your special friends and loved ones!  Here's a little tip for you:  Don't be afraid to cut into those large Whatnots and Peek-a-boos.  Make your card products work for your project instead of setting them aside because they are not the right size!
I also added some hand died seam binding and a Prima rose to make the card complete!!
Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" papers:  Banner and Block
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" What nots

Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Love Birds Stamps, Parisian Lace Doily Die, Vintage Cream Cardstock and Buttons; Seam Binding from MemrieMare; Prima Floral; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.


For the next card, I used a Laced with Grace papers, a Paper Layer, and some Afternoon Muse goodies as well.  I thought the little girl in the Paper Layer looked perfect for the Miss You sentiment!  Isn't she just the sweetest?
I absolutely love Glitz Design Peek-a-boo banner s.  Such a perfect embellishment to add charm and character to any project!!
Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" papers:  Polka and Plaid
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Peek -a-Boo
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Journal Stickers

Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Banner Border Die, Vintage Cream Cardstock, button and twine;  Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch; Prima Floral; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink.


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Hope you have a Glitzy Day!
Kristii

4 comments:

Lea L. said...

These are SO cute, Kristii! And you are right...that paper layer is just perfect for a missing you card!!

Margaret M said...

Ah such sweet cards! I just love your creations!

Ann said...

Love all these sweet and pretty vintage-y cards Kristii. I can just imagine the ooos and aaahhhhs from the recipients when they receive them. I know I'd be delighted to get one.

Marybeth said...

Wow Kristii, your card are nothing short of amazing!