Sunday, March 15, 2015

Make It Monday #204 - Watercolor Smooshing

Hi there dear friends!  It's Sunday night and I finally finished my Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge - Watercolor Smooshing.  Here's my take on the Challenge:
I used Hibiscus Burst and Summer Sunrise Ink for the smooshing and I used a punch to punch out my butterflies from the smooshed paper.  What a fun technique and if you've never smooshed before check out Betsy's video for more!
 I used some PTI Banner Dies and printable paper from Melstampz to create the banner.
I die cut the PTI Block Alphas from PTI Silver Cardstock and Double Sided Foam Adhesive sheets and layered them onto PTI a Doily Details Die.
The florals were stamped using PTI Bitty Bouquet stamps and Dies.  These florals are my new favorite stamps and dies!! They are absolutely beautiful!!
I added a double layered border at the top of each of the banners using PTI Heart Border dies in Silver and Stamper's Select Cardstock.  
I added some little antennae to the butterflies using black cardstock and PTI Be Happy Dies.  I also added some rainstones to the butterflies for fun.
I tied the banners together using white Hug Snug Ribbon.
 I used my brand new MISTI to stamp all the flowers!  What an awesome tool!! If you haven't heard about the new MISTI tool, you are definitely missing out!! It is definitely the Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented!
Thanks for stopping by!!!  I hope you have a wonderful week!!
Kristii

4 comments:

jen said...

What a sweet banner! I love your combo :)

Greta said...

Your banner is beautiful! Love the smooshed butterflies!

Sheri Elmont said...

The smooshed butterflies are so pretty. What a creative idea doing a banner. The MISTI is on my wish list-#1 spot!

Michelle said...

Wow... such a beautiful banner. LOVE every little detail!