Friday, April 9, 2010

Queen Bee and Scrapping the Music!!

I hope you get a chance to join in the fun this week at Scrapping the Music!!! The song is Footloose by Kenny Loggins and there are so many possibilities with this song!!! Since graduation is right around the corner, I chose to do a senior photo layout of Benny. The lyrics, you can fly, seemed very appropriate for this layout! I also added a couple of quotes: Be the change you want to see in the world and Don't live down to expectations, go out there and do something remarkable!!

I thought I would try some Queen Bee papers by Pink Paislee and do something non-traditional with them. Just because the line is named Queen Bee doesn't mean you can't use it for a masculine layout! I really like how it turned out and just in case you are interested, You can find the entire Queen Bee line at Simply Fresh Arts!!
I did add a butterfly to the layout...to support the title, but other than that it is a pretty masculine layout. I did get the seal of approval from Benny, and that makes me happy!!

Benny's Senior Portraits were taken by my friend Lea Lawson!!!! She did such a great job and she totally captured him!!! If you are looking for a photographer, I wholeheartedly recommend Lea!!! You can find her at Elle Photography or on Facebook. She's the best!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
Wishing you peace and joy,
Kristii

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love this one and what great papers!!!! PERFECT!!!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend sweet friend!!! :-)

Larajc said...

great choice for a song! Love the Queen Bee and your giant scallops!

Stacey said...

Great job with those papers. Way to rock them in such a masculine way. Great layout. Hope you have a great weekend too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is JUST GORGEOUS!!!!! I loveeeeeeeee that photo and the colors Kristii! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Carla said...

Beautiful layout Kristii!!! What a handsome young man he is.

Lea L. said...

This is awesome Kristii! I love how you have scrapped this photo!! And thanks for the sweet compliment...I appreciate it!

~Lea