Saturday, June 23, 2012

Feeling Patriotic!!

Happy Saturday sweet friends!!  I just finished up with Farmer's Market this morning and we are on our way up to the mountains for a little hiking adventure!  I just love these sunny summer days!!! I'm in heaven I tell you.  This week I was feeling a little patriotic as I realized that the 4th of July is right around the corner.  I wanted to make a little banner to hang on my peg shelf and I remembered the sweetest little tag that Melissa Phillips created and thought it would make the start of a beautiful banner!! Thanks for the inspiration Melissa!!

I used the Loopsy Daisy dies to make the bows. I stamped the stars onto kraft cardstock and printed the gingham pattern onto kraft cardstock from a template that I have saved on my computer.  Love, love, love the red, blue, cream and kraft combination! Thanks again Melissa for the inspiration!  I added some cream felt that was die cut with the notched flower dies.  I added some twine, a button and krinkled paper to each bow.  
 I attached the bows onto kraft and rustic cream layered pennants and embellished with lace.  I printed the Celebrate Freedom on my computer and notched the edges.  I die cut the stars with PTI's seeing stars dies.
I used my Cricut machine to cut God Bless America using the Stand and Salute Cartridge.
I just love the Loopsy Daisy bow!! It will be perfect for all types of banners!!  Here's a close-up of the bow!  So very Americana!!
This  little banner will hang on the pegs on my little shelf in my living room!! Perfect for the 4th of July celebration!!

Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Papers:  Rustic Cream, Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy and Kraft
Papertrey Ink Stamps: est. 1776
Papertrey Ink Dies:  Loopsy Daisy, Boxy Banners, Seeing Stars, Notched Flower
Papertrey Ink:  Enchanted Evening and Pure Poppy
Papertrey Ink Felt:  Cream
Papertrey Ink Jute Twine
Cricut Machine and Stand and Salute Die
Prima Lace

Well, I hope that puts you in a patriotic mood!!!
Hope you have a most excellent Saturday!!
Kristii

7 comments:

Geri said...

So pretty, Kristii! I've been gettin' the itch to get patriotic with my crafting, too...I've been running into so many sweet projects like yours the last couple days! Hope I can find some time!! So glad you shared!

Helen F. said...

What a fantastic banner, Kritii.
Did you sell your cards at the Farmer's Market?
Hope you have a fun adventure hiking!

Jennifer M. said...

This turned out awesome! I love the bows. :)

Jen

Audrey said...

Absolutely AMAZING! I have been eyeing that Loopsy Daisy die and this just sent me over the edge!! Gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Ooohhh how sweet Kristii! These are the sweetest things ever. I adore them. Thanks for sharing!
Melis

Karen C. said...

Wow!! What great details on your banners. Looks like a real keepsake for future summer celebrations!

Audrey Pettit said...

Stunning! This is absolutely beautiful, Kristii, and will look so fabulous dressing up your home for the 4th!