Tuesday, June 12, 2012

More Strawberry Patch Fun and Life Changes

Hi there dear friends!!!  Sorry I have been posting so sparsely lately.  I am making some life changes this summer and stamping has slid further down on the priority list.  I have been exercising more and spending more time with my sweet husband.  We have taken to hiking 3-4 times a week and I'm loving it!!  I am hoping to get my tiredness under control with more exercise and less stress.  I also see my doctor on the 25th to see if the medication is doing it's job.  I'm not sure as I'm still pretty tired these days, but the exercise is making me feel better that's for sure!!

I made a quick card with my go to sketch, just to get the creative juices flowing.   I used Papertrey Ink's wonderful Strawberry Patch stamps...one of my favorite all-time stamp sets!!
I stamped the checkerboard in black using the stamp from Farm Fresh.  I just love that checkerboard stamp!!  I stamped white and Sweet Blush cardstock with various stamps from the set and made sweet little banners.  I just love the color combination.  I also cut some leaves out of Simply Chartreuse Felt using the Turning a New Leaf dies.
I colored the inside of the flowers with Copic Markers Y32 Cashmere, R20 Blush and R0000 Pink Beryl.  Love, love, love those sweet little flowers!!  The scallop was made using the heart border die-another favorite!!

I truly enjoyed making this card!  It was great therapy for the soul!!

Papertrey Ink Supplies Used:
Strawberry Patch Stamps and Dies
Strawberry Patch Sentiments
Farm Fresh Stamps
Pure Poppy Ink
Simply Chartreuse Ink and Felt
Heart Border Dies
Turning a New Leaf Dies
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Seam Binding from MemrieMare.

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Kristii

16 comments:

Victoria said...

So sweet and lovely! Wish I was in that strawberry patch right now instead of on the bus on my way to work! Although I don't comment nearly enough, I always enjoy visiting your blog!

Audrey said...

Kristii, this is absolutely AMAZING. Totally blown away! :)

Sheryl Berglund said...

GORGEOUS! This is just breath-taking..........I love the border from the farm set with the strawberries. Definitely going to have to pull those out today!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Your card is beautiful!!

I started working out in January, and it's made such a huge impact on my life. I've lost one full size, and my overall fitness is so improved. Some days it's tough to be motivated to go, but it's easier to make myself do it now that I am used to going. Good luck with your changes, I know you'll appreciate all the changes you'll see.

Gerdine said...

Beautiful card! Love these strawberries! Take care of yourself!

Joyce said...

This is such a pretty card. Great idea to combine the Farm border with those strawberries. They look so fresh and delicious.

Jennifer M. said...

Yummy looking card! It turned out gorgeous.

Take care of yourself. :)

Jen

Cecilie said...

What a beautiful card in such a striking combination of colours and patterns. Inspired!

I wish you good luck with the life changes and hope they bring you what you seek.

Colleen said...

Kristii, this is just stunning! You always bring such gorgeous cards to your blog...thank you for sharing your talent with all of us...!

Mayol said...

Brilliant card! i love all the details, especially the checkerboard edge!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Kristii! I' so sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling top notch lately. I sure hope you get some answers and hope you feel better soon. Good for you for taking more time for yourself. Hiking with your husband sounds wonderful. :)
Love, love this card! Those berries are just so adorable, and I just love how you've used them here. The banners you made are fabulous. Love the heart die border, too. This is just stunning!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card...I love all the strawberries!

craftmates said...

Such a sweet card! Wish I have the checkerboard. What a difference it makes. Love it!-Irma

Kris said...

Super cute!

Susan said...

So beautiful!! I love this set and you did an amazing job with it!

Ted said...

Kristii, this is absolutely adorable! :) Love it!