Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Wedding Wishes with Glitz Design

Good morning sweet friends!!!  I have a fun gift idea for you today using Glitz Design Happy Travels Papers!!  I don't know about you, but when I try new recipes, I'm bad about recording them.  So, I thought it would be fun to make a little cookbook album to store them in.  I've had the idea rolling around in my mind for quite a while, but I needed to make a gift for a friend's wedding and I thought this would be the perfect time to try it out!!  I put my whole heart and soul into the project and I am sooooo happy with the way it turned out!
I used the backside of the Happy Travels Bicycle Paper and the stripe paper to inspire my project.  It was tricky, because the flowers are from the basket on the front side of the paper.  I had to cut very carefully!
I created the title of the book in Photoshop Elements and then lightly stamped chicken wire on the mat and layered it over a couple of the Happy Travels Stickers.  I added a doily, seam binding ribbon and the fussy cut flowers to embellish the front.
I carried the red theme through the rest of the cover:
I learned a lot about Photoshop making the recipe pages:
Let's just say that the Grid Lines are a wonderful thing!!!  I printed the index tabs on the computer and then cut them by hand since my die only cut a 5 1/2" wide file tab.
I used journaling stickers and the layered stickers to embellish the matching card,
and stamped the striped paper with the sentiment.

Whew!  What a fun project!  I am so happy I have created a template for the recipe pages!! It won't take long at all to make Christmas presents this year!!!

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Happy Travels Papers: Bicycle and Stripe
Glitz Design Happy Travels Stickers:  Titles, Journaling, and Layered
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Kraft Binder: Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream, Simply Chartreuse, and Pure Poppy Cardstock; Papertrey Ink Year of Flowers Stamps: Roses; Papertrey Ink Parisian Lace Doily Die; Seam binding from my stash; Computer Fonts: Simply*Glamorous, Just the Way You Are, Dawning of a New Day.


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a very Glitzy Day!!!
Kristii

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow, what a gift! This is a work of art!

Geri said...

What a beautiful set, Kristii!! Loved the last book, too. So much work went into them, obviously, but they are absolutely beautiful! Love the matching card!

Sheryl Berglund said...

These cookbooks are FABULOUS, Kristii! I really need to do some recipe organizing and this is just the inspiration I need! Would you mind sharing some tips on how you created the recipe pages in Photoshop? Thanks so much!