Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Happy Hexagons and a Winner!!!

Hi there dear friends!!!  I hope all is well with you this hot summer day!!  It is nice and hot here in Montana, but we are in the midst of wildfire season already!! I'm praying for rain already and it's only June!  Yikes, it could be a long, hot summer!!  Yesterday I had a doctor appointment and a date with  my sweet middle daughter.  My daughter and I had a fabulous afternoon!!  What a sweetheart she is!  My doctor decided to increase my medication and I am hoping to find an even keel here in the days to come!!!  I am so looking forward to having more energy and being normal again!!

I have been enjoying a little Klove goodness as I've been working on my projects!!! How wonderful it is to play and praise at the same time!!!  My heart is full in more ways than one!!  Thanks be to our God forever and ever, Amen!

I have a randomly drawn winner in the Glitz Design Happy Travels Stamp set:

Blogger Helen F. said...
Oh Kristii ~ This card is so elegant. I love the peony flowers in black ... lovely to use for the MIM challenge.
Love the fun stamp set you are giving away too. Happy Travels is a great line from Glitz. :o)
June 20, 2012 5:30 PM
 Delete
Congratulations Helen!!!  If you would email me your address, I will put your stamps in the mail!!

I have a quick little card for you today.  I missed the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop yesterday, but I wanted to share my card with you just the same!
I die cut the hexagons and stamped them in Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, and Spring Rain.  After stamping the images, I inked the edges of each little hexagon with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Ink.  I layered the hexagon template onto a Rustic Cream Card base and filled in the hexagons.  After the hexagons were all in place, I removed the template. I totally love the Hexagon Cover Plate!  What an awesome little tool it is!!!  I stamped the roses from the Rosie Posie Set and layered them onto a Label Basics Label.  I added scalloped trim by die cutting the heart border and layering it under the hexagon panel and then I added a little seam binding bow. Then I layered the panel onto a Lemon Tart card base. The sentiment is from Birthday Bash Sentiments.

I love stamping with the Happy Hexagons!! They truly do make me happy!!!  I am so thankful for this hobby I love so much and I am thankful for those of you who visit my blog!!!  I am truly blessed indeed!

Hope you have a wonderful evening!!
Kristii

11 comments:

Susan said...

Love, love, love this card and all it's vintage goodness! It's really worth it to ink the edges of the individual hexagons isn't it? I'm really enjoying my hexagons too! Thanks for sharing it!

Marybeth said...

Kristii I love that you feel blessed to have this hobby, I do too and all the kind people that come along with it. I now have both of these sets and cant wait to make something. Your card is beautiful and it does look fun, and like a work of love.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE this!!! So pretty!!

Kathy Mc said...

Such a beautiful card, Kristii ~ hope you feel better soon! Can't wait to get creating with my hexagon stamps & cover plate.

Colleen said...

Beautiful, cheerful card.
Congratulations to Helen on the win
ColleenB.

Karen said...

I really love your happy hexagon card. Your time spent on inking all the individual hexagon edges was so worthwhile.

Helen F. said...

Hey Kristii, I just love this card, those hexagons really make for a fun design. Sorry you didn't get a chance to enter the BH yesterday, but it sounds like you had a fun day with your daughter. Hope the Dr visit helps you feel better! Wish I could send some of our FL rain to you, it has been raining pretty much every day for the last 3 weeks here.
PS: Thank you for the Happy Travels set, I am emailing my address :)

Colleen said...

Awesome card Kristii...that die is now OOS, so I will have to wait for it, but I am definitely pinning your card for inspiration, if that is okay! Love it!! You are fabulous!

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card, Kristii! I love the colors!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow on this gorgeous card, Kristii! Love the flower and LOVE all those hexagons!

cherry said...

Kristii by chance do you have thyroid issues? I only ask because of the meds being just right...I deal with that as well! I hope you feel better soon it can really zap your energy. LOVE your card as I do all your lovelies! I love you givin glory to our God....He IS good! hugs, cherry