Monday, June 18, 2012

Gift Ideas - Country Cookbooks

Hi there sweet friends!  I have a fun week of Cookbook ideas for you!!  The story behind these cookbooks begins with my lack of organization!!  No big mystery there...I am completely disorganized!  I started using recipes from the internet and magazines when we changed our diet and started eating healthier.  I would cook a recipe and set the instructions aside for future reference.  No big deal.  If we liked the new recipe, we would definitely use it again at a later date.  Of course, when we wanted to use the recipe again, I couldn't find it anywhere!  I would spend hours trying to find the same recipe and I decided it was time to do something about my problem and so, the Create your Own Cookbook idea was born!!!  These sweet little recipe books will make fabulous gifts for friends, relatives and coworkers.  Everyone needs a place to put their recipes and I've made one for myself and I love it!!

I used Papertrey Ink's On the Farm Stamp Set for the cover and inside pocket of the cookbook.  I just love those stamps!!  I added some texture to the background with the Chicken Wire Impression Plate from PTI and added some hand-cut flowers that were stamped with flowers from the Daydreamer set.   The inspiration for the front cover is from Nichole Heady's On the Farm Card that you can find in this post. 

I created a pocket for notes and seven chapter dividers.  Label Basics worked perfectly for the spine title and the pocket decoration.  I will show more of the inside of the cookbook in tomorrow's post which will feature a cook book made with Glitz Design Papers.



Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Stamps:  On the Farm, Label Basics, Daydreamer
Papertrey Ink Cardstock: Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White, Summer Sunrise and True Black
Papertrey Ink Patterned Paper:  Simply Chartruese and Summer Sunrise
Papertrey Ink Ribbon:  True Black Satin
Papertrey Ink: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartruese
Papertrey Ink Dies:  Edgers #5, On the Farm, Heart Border, Block Alphabet


Thanks for stopping by!! I will have more Cookbook ideas in the days to come!!
Kristii

10 comments:

Melissa said...

This is amazing, Kristii! I have a similar cookbook, with plastic pocket pages for my torn out and printed off recipes. This is so gorgeous, and inspiring!

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is just what I have been looking for :) I have been looking for a suitable size wooden box to make a recipe box but a binder would work too and take up less space in the kitchen too ! What size is your binder ?
I am so looking forward to more inspiration - Thanks x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

TesaB said...

Wow!!! Such a gorgeous book and fab idea!!!!

Unknown said...

Kristii....so love this cookbook; it is something that I most definitely would use. Are you selling these at the Farmer's Market? I am sure that they will be a hit!

Leigh Penner said...

This is fabulous, Kristii! I love it!

Marybeth said...

Wow! This is stunning and I just love it. The gingham is just the best and so is your idea.

landerson213 said...

AMAZING! You have totally inspired me to get to work on my recipe book! I started (a super long time ago) and only got a few recipes in before...well I guess I just got busy doing other things! Such is life ;) Thanks for the inspiration, looking forward to more! :)

Lauren
laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com

Kara said...

just beautiful!!!

Karen said...

This is fabulous! I love the colors, the design, everything about it!

paperkicks said...

Love this idea...I'm on the same quest--organizing my recipes. Where did you get the binder???