Monday, December 19, 2011

Happy Monday before Christmas!!

Happy Monday before Christmas my friends!!  I have lots to do before my family begins to arrive!! I'll be getting up early and staying up late to get it all done, but it will be worth it when I will be able to relax while they're here!!

We are taking a couple of weeks off at Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps to enjoy the holiday, so I will take the opportunity to share some Christmas projects that I am working on in these days just before Christmas.

Vintage Christmas with Lisa Pace's  Antiquated Collection by Pink Persimmon :
I stamped the absolutely beautiful image onto Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock and colored with Copic Markers. Then, I covered the card base with a Glitz Design Beautiful Dreamer Whatnot.   I added a couple of strips of Melissa Frances Deck the Halls paper and stitched the edges.  I added lace, buttons, and a sweet little leaf along the bottom edge.

Along the top edge of the card I added a beautiful red seam binding bow, a button and a K and Co. Chipboard embellishment.  Sigh....I just love vintage goodies!!!

This weekend I made two batches of one of our favorite Christmas candy recipes and I thought I would share it with you!

Rocky Road


Ingredients:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
1 (10.5 ounce) package miniature marshmallows

Directions
In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter with EAGLE BRAND®; remove from heat.  In large bowl, combine peanuts and marshmallows; stir in chocolate mixture. Spread in wax paper lined 13X9-inch baking pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm.
Remove from pan; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

So easy to make and absolutely delicious!!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!
Kristii

1 comment:

Elise said...

{I am SO making THAT!} Oh, and the chocolate, too! {LOL!} What a DELICIOUS and delightful combo, my dear! {Paper craft is ALREADY synonomous with Chocolate in my mind - THIS post is BEYOND yummy!} I love your work for Pink Persimmon! YOU, my friend, are a ROCKSTAR! xoxoxo!