Thursday, July 19, 2012

Case Study Challenge #100

Good morning beautiful friends!!!  Today marks the 100th challenge over at Case Study!!!  Whooo hooo!! Congratulations!! Case Study is one of my favorite challenges and I couldn't be more thrilled to be their muse this month!!  This week's card is one of my favorites!  I went through a Little Bitty Bird streak when the stamps came out and it was fun to get them out once again!!!
Here's the card Iwona chose:
and here's my take:
I love, love, love, the Little Bitty Bird Stamp Set by PTI and I added some elements from Little Bitty Bird additions.  I stamped the flower pot and flowers and then masked them off and added the fence.  Soooo fun!  The little birdies needed something new to perch on!!!
I used Aqua Mist ink to ink up the flower pot stamp then I rock and rolled the inked stamp onto my classic kraft ink pad.  I just love that technique!  It makes solid images much more interesting for sure!
I colored the birdies using Copic Markers in a simple blended technique...fast and oh so easy!!

Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Stamps:  Little Bitty Bird, Little Bitty Bird Additions, Garden Variety II, Nativity Silhouettes
Papertrey Ink Paper:  Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy Patterned Paper
Papertrey Ink Dies:  Clouds, Little Bitty Bird, Lovely Layers
MFT Dies: Mini Rolled Roses
Papertrey Ink- Ink:  Harvest Gold, Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Enchanted Evening, Simply Chartreuse
Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse Felt
Papertrey Ink White Twill Ribbon
Lace and Pearls from my Stash
Copics:  R0000 Pink Beryl, R29 Lipstick Red

Thanks for Stopping By!!!
Kristii

10 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love your take on your own card... especially the flower pot, such a cool look!! I'm glad you get to celebrate the 100th challenge with us... and soon the Anniversary!!

Helen F. said...

Oh Kristii, your cards are totally stunning! Love all the stamp images, die cuts, sweet embellishments and your bright cheery colors :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I love love love everything you create with this set :>)

Mara Campbell said...

Both cards are fabulous Kristii!! The CASE challenge this week is on my to-do list!!

Maria said...

Sweet bird cards! Love the bright colors and lovely gingham ribbon!

Barb King said...

I love that set, and it is fun to see how different you made your cards. Don't ya just love bird stamps?

Nancy said...

Such adorable cards! Which stamp set is the tree from in the first card...?

Nancy said...

Such adorable cards! Could you tell me which stamp set the tree is from in the top card?

Kristii said...

Hi Nancy,
The tree is from Merry Little Christmas. I have used that tree for so many different things besides Christmas! I love it when stamp sets are universal!!

Nancy said...

Thanks Kristii! I will have to add it to my long PTI wish list..