Friday, July 6, 2012

Make it Monday Challenge

Happy Friday dear friends!! I hope you all had a very happy 4th of July!!  Our week has been absolutely fabulous! My dad visited from California, we hiked a good 10 miles during the week, spent some time with good friends, and yesterday had a girls day out!! Whew!  It truly was a fabulous week! I haven't had much time to create over the past several days, but I am busy making new cards for Farmer's Market!  Business has been very good and each week I've had to replenish my stock!! I am so very thankful for all of you who have purchased my goodies at the Farmer's Market and in my Etsy Store!!!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

Today I made a fun little birthday card using the Papertrey Ink  Make It Monday #73: Stamping on Patterned Paper and Retro Sketches #19.  

Here's my take on the challenges:
I used Pink Paislee's London Market 6x6 pad for this card.  I used the patterned paper with mostly text to die cut the butterflies and then I stamped each butterfly with sweet blush ink.  I inked each butterfly with Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and adhered them to the card base and added a little pearl embellishment.  The pearls on the Lovely Layers Leaves were inspired from Melissa Phillips amazing card seen here.


Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Stamps and dies:  Love Lives Here, Filigree Border and Lovely Layers
Papertrey Ink Cardstock:  Rustic Cream
Patterned Paper:  Pink Paislee London Market 6x6 Pad
Ink: PTI Sweet Blush Ink; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink by Ranger
PTI Simply Chartreuse Felt; Recollections pearls, Hand Dyed Seam Binding by MemrieMare
KG Strawberry Limeade Font; PTI Button and Twine

Note:  For those of you who are looking for new classes....I have been swamped with Farmer's Market and I am hoping to have some new classes up in the next week or two.  I am shooting for the second week of August.  Thanks for your patience!!

I appreciate you taking time to stop by!!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Kristii

6 comments:

danni reid. said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

just beautiful . . . love the butterflies

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Pretty card. I love your "full" style. (I am not sure how to describe your style:-) But, I LOVE it! You have so many pretty things to look at on your cards!
Thank you for all of the sweet, supportive comments you leave on my blog, too!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

Teresa said...

Beautiful card, Kristii!

Helen F. said...

Oh WOW, your Birthday card is so elegant, Kristii!
Love the colors you used and pretty little butterflies.

Suzanne Russell said...

Great card, Kristii! Love the butterflies. :)