Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall is in the air!!!

I can't believe how the weather can change so quickly. Yesterday was overcast and rainy and the high was a whopping 52, brr... I am amazed at the yellow leaves that are already shining in my trees. I do have to admit though, I am ready for fall. I really do love the change of seasons. It is just the "cold" season that lasts so long here in Montana that I really don't care for.
Fall also brings soccer season and did our boys start the season off right!! They shut out their opponent in both of their games this weekend!! Go Panthers!! Friday's game was spectacular as the boys scored 8 goals. Their offense was totally in gear and their defense shined as well. Benny did a great job on the defensive side and made some fantastic offensive passes with an assist in the first game! Whoo hoo! Saturday's game was fantastic too as our boys scored 4 goals. The weather was perfect and the games were extremely fun to watch. I am hoping for more of the same this weekend when our boys are at home Friday and Saturday for our first homestand! Go Panthers!


I had a blast finishing my designs with the Color Me Daisy September kit. I loved this kit and still have a couple of ideas for future projects. There is a wonderful scalloped album that I am going use for our summer trip to Seattle. The colors are just fantastic for summer or fall pics!!!

This is my favorite layout of all! I love the blue back ground with the ocean pictures! Our family had such a fantastic time in Seattle this summer and this layout totally reflects how close our family is! We are so blessed!


This is a little gift for Heidi celebrating her friendship with her brother. She will be able to stand it up on her nightstand or desk.

This little card was made witht he help of my cricut and threading water punch. I loved the fall colors in this kit! Awesome!

I will have some more layouts to post later. Lots of work done and lots still to do!!

The reading today from Oswald Chamber's, My Utmost for His Highest, talks about God wanting to make us like himself. "If we believe in Jesus, it is not what we gain, but what He pours through us that counts. It is not that God makes us beautifully rounded grapes, but that He squeezes the sweetness out of us. Spiritually, we cannot measure our life by success, but only by what God pours through us, and we cannot measure that at all.... He that believeth in Me out of him shall flow rivers of living water" - hundreds of other lives will be continually refreshed. It is time now to break the life, to cease craving for satisfaction, and to spill the thing out. Our Lord is asking who of us will do it for Him?

Oh Lord, May I be used by you today at school, at home and wherever I am...not to be successful in the worlds eyes, but to be used by you.

Have a fantastic day,

Kristii

13 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

I love those soccer shots. Very cool.
Your scrappies are to die for, K!!!!
So jealous about your change of seasons. Here in Miami it's Summer all year long :)

Sweet Peripety said...

I really like that book..thanks for refreshing me on the selection there.

Lovely scrapbooking!

Lauren said...

Kristii, Your layouts are so gorgeous here! I love them ALL!!! Fabulous work!

Lisa said...

Great football photos. Love the layout and cards.

Larajc said...

Lots to comment on here. Love the butterfly card, but then again, I think they are the best addition to the new animals in scrapping arena. LOL

Great soccer pics!

Rita said...

Gorgeous projects, and I love those action shots! Very powerful message you left us with, thank you!

Nicole said...

beautiful work as always my friend....and soccer takes over our house this time of year as well!

Susan Beth said...

Great pictures! Love that they won and you got such a great weather event before the change! And love all the projects! Beautiful! What a great way to start the day, with the Chambers readings!

mborrero said...

the kit lo-s are fab

Chris Dodaj said...

What a beautiful post, Kristi!
Cool soccer photos and beautiful layouts and card. Really enjoy your blog!!
Have a great night!

Stacey Michaud said...

Oh, how I love your projects. The layouts are gorgeous and you rock the cards!

Staci Taylor said...

Gorgeous gorgeous work, Kristii!! And awesome soccer shots - I need to take lessons from you, I can't ever seem to get good action shots!

Mara Campbell said...

Wonderful action soccer shots! We start this weekend and I can't wait.

You did a GREAT job with the CMD kit this month, love all your projects!!