Saturday, September 13, 2008

Celebrating a Dear Friend

It has been a while since I have posted or even been on line because I have not been feeling well, but my dear friend Susan Beth just told me of some extrememly heart wrenching news.


She told me that my dear scrapbooking friend Aleida was killed suddenly in a car accident on Friday. I am in shock and disbelief!!! The tears are streaming down my face and I can't stop them!! You will be missed my friend!! There is only one thing I can do to help ease the ache that is burning in my heart and that is to Thank You and Celebrate You!!

Thank you Aleida for your kind words!!
Thank you for your encouraging spirit!!
Thank you for your friendship!!
Thank you for your presence at SC!! What a bright spot you were!!
Thank you for standing up for me!! You put those trolls at 2peas in their place like only you could!!
Thank you for sharing your spunk and sassy attitude! You were never afraid to tell it like it is!!
Thank you for your creativity and inspiration!! Your work was amazing!!



Thank you for teaching me life lessons!!

"There is a reason why I'm posting these pictures. Pictures that I'm actually in. Not because I think I'm all that and a trip to Hollywood. No. It's because I'm actually tired of being worried about how I look and not taking or having very many photos of me with my children. I have very few pictures of me and my babies when they were babies, and I have myself to blame. Precious opportunities to capture on paper, lost because of my silliness. Well no more I say! One day I won't be here and there will be hardly any pictures of them and their mama. So ladies, hand over the camera and get in those photos! Please. You'll be happier you did."

Aleida Franklin August 6, 2008

How prophetic that post was! Wow!

I will take more pictures of myself regardless of how I feel or look and every time I do, I will think of you!! You taught me it doesn't matter. It's the memories that will be left behind! That's what matters!!

Aleida, you will truly be missed. Thank you for also making me remember how precious life is!!

We must treasure every moment because life is so very short!! Hold your loved ones closer and tell them you love them today! Take a picture and scrap it! Aleida would want it that way!!

To my friends and family!! I love you all and I treasure each and every one of you!!

May the peace of God which surpasses all understanding comfort your hearts today,

kristii




13 comments:

Susan Beth said...

beautifully said. i will take those photos. i will treasure them. she will be honored!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

gosh, you made me cry there. I cannot believe I am crying this hard. Gosh, Im really suffering...sorry to sound selfish. hugs xx

Rita said...

Beautiful Kristii. So many of her recent posts showed such amazing insight...I am in awe of everything she offered to all of us.

Christiane said...

i'm with you!! hugs!!

Staci Taylor said...

Oh no, Kristii, i'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet friend. I got such chills reading her post, that sure is a life lesson if i've ever heard one.

vtpuggirl said...

Wonderfully done! Aleida would love this. I miss her already so much. This is such a huge loss to the scrapping community, as well as her family.

Mary Jo said...

Kristii - I couldn't believe it when I heard. I was thinking it must be a mistake, and I still can't quite accept that she's gone :(
(((Hugs)))

Mara Campbell said...

Big hugs, Kristii. To you and Aledia's family. Thanks for the beautiful post.

JeanneK said...

Kristii, what a beautiful triBute to someone truly wise before her years. What she wrote on her blog was so true. I am going to be handing my camera off more so I can be scrapped.

after all The boys remember me rushing around, Not so perfect hair, makeup but that is how they know me!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts
while you have such a heavy heart!

Carla said...

Kristii, I am sooo very sorry for your loss, I had tears in my eyes after reading your last blog post. I didn't know who she was, but it sounds like she touched the hearts of quite a few people and will fondly be remembered. Hang in there girl!! {{{HUGS}}} Carla

Unknown said...

Kristii - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sarah Coggins said...

Kristii, I'm in shock & disbelief myself. I "saw" Aleida on occasion on the message boards at 2ps but didn't really know her. What a beautiful woman and terrible loss. Your post is a lovely tribute. So sorry for the loss of your friend. ((HUGS))

scrappermimi said...

I have seen so many lovely tributes to Aleida. I did not know her but your post made me wish I did. So sorry for your loss!