Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Monday!

It was a cool and rainy weekend, but we managed to take in two soccer games without getting wet! We were all quite thankful for the reprieve! A year ago we had a downpour like no other, and the fans and players were absolutely soaked. We were all quite miserable!! Anyway, The boys had two tough games on Friday and Saturday, and they went 1-1 for the weekend. They fought quite hard the second game, and it was extremely exciting to see them come out on top. Our high school soccer program is still in its beginning stages and wins have been hard to come by. They have improved tremendously since Benny was a freshman!! We have three games scheduled for this week, and we are hoping to see some more excellent teamwork and another win or two! Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend:

I spent a lot of time scrapping after the soccer games. It was a great scrappy weekend!!! My first So Sketchy Blog assignment for September was a little different than normal. Allison changed things up a little this month and gave those of us who normally do layouts the option of doing a card and vice versa. I jumped on the chance to do something different. Here is what I came up with:

You can view the sketch I worked with on the So Sketchy Blog by Allison Cope. The sketches are fantastic and fun to work with!!


I also spent some time creating with the new Graphic 45 line Playtimes Past for an upcoming Scrapbooking Retreat at my LSS, Keepsakes By Design. What a wonderful line to play with!!!



Exciting News From Color Me Daisy!!!

Color Me Daisy is hosting a Farewell to Summer online crop September 19-21!!! I don't know about you, but I really haven't participated in an online crop before, so I am extremely excited about this one!!! Check out the Color Me Daisy website for more information!! I hope to see you there!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday! What better way to start the week than with anexcerpt from Proverbs of the Day:


"Proverbs 24:13-14 (AMP):13 My son, eat honey, because it is good, and the drippings of the honeycomb are sweet to your taste.14 So shall you know skillful and godly Wisdom to be thus to your life; if you find it, then shall there be a future and a reward, and your hope and expectation shall not be cut off.
Verse 14 tells us that when we find the godly Wisdom in Jesus, it will also produce a future with fulfillment and a reward, and our expectation will not be cut off. When we obey the commandments of God, it will bring enlightenment that will cause our heart to rejoice according to the verses below. Even God's judgments toward us are true and righteous and we need not fear them, if we have reverential fear for our Lord. These scriptures tell us that the Word of the Lord is to be desired more than gold and again the Bible mentions that God's Word and His Wisdom are sweeter than honey. "

May the Joy of the Lord fill you today!!!
Kristii

13 comments:

Alecia Wolfford said...

WOW, some GREAT sports photos and love, love the work you got done!! Can't wait for the CMD crop!!!

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness, those Graphic 45 layouts are so so beautiful..I love that Dolly paper..and that card is gorgeous! Fabulous work!

mommy2alex said...

The overcast day made for some great photos!
That card is amazing and love that paper you used on your layouts, so gorgeous!
I'm off to check out that online crop - never done one either. Have a great Monday!

Susan Beth said...

I so love those layouts! The card is pretty too! Hurray for improving soccar teams. There are some schools around here that need you guys to give them a run for their money, just to knock them down a peg or two (one I 'm thinking of in particular!).

vtpuggirl said...

beautiful projects on here! Love, love the card esp! Congrats on the soccar win! Will there be fun prizes at the crop? Just curious, sounds like fun!

Staci Taylor said...

Beautiful layouts and gorgeous card, Kristii!! I love that butterfly! Great action shots, too, I can never get mine to come out that good, lol.

Mara Campbell said...

Great LO's Kristii and that card with the butterfly is beautiful!!!

Awesome soccer pics!

Lynn said...

i just love that card Kristii. You always do such lovely work :)

scrappermimi said...

Great actions shots...we were not quite so lucky this weekend. By the time tropical storm Hanna hit we had 2 soccer games too. Sat through buckets of rain and umbrellas turning inside out, LOL! Gotta love it!

I just love your projects, gorgeous cards and LO's!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pages and cards Kristii. Love the photos of the soccer games too - those mountains in the background are breathtaking I'm sure :) We have a gorgeous view out the front of our house, but the mts. are still a ways away. Thanks for sharing also the encouraging and uplifting Bible passages - God is so good!

Lea L. said...

Well hi Kristii!! Thanks so much for leaving me a comment on my blog! I am going to link yours up to mine, so I remember to check it out on a weekly basis! I love "meeting" fellow Montana scrappers, and sports lovers!

Your soccer photos are fabulous! Yes...scrap them! I want to see what you do with them!

Hope you guys have a fabulous season, and GO PANTHERS! Hee hee...I can say that for both teams!

~Lea

Mary Jo said...

I love that quote on your card!
So true in my case (lol) :0)

Savitri said...

I LOVE your card. The butterfly is just stunning!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! You're just too creative!!