Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Heart of Gratitude!!

I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to those of you who have offered words of encouragement over the past week!!!! It means so much to me and my husband to know that we have people who love us and care about us!!! I had a very special visit from my friend Susan Beth who brought a beautiful bouquet of flowers!! How special was that!!! I was blessed beyond measure!! Thank you my friend!!! We also had an unexpected gift that helped us out tremendously!!! Thanks Dad!!!! We are thankful for each and every one of you!!!

We are in for a season of change once again and we continue to trust in the Lord. I want those of you who frequent Simply Fresh Arts to know that school will be starting soon and I will not be able to be at the store as much as I have been in the past. I plan to continue Cropper's Club and Thinking Inking classes on Friday nights and I will teach and work on some Saturdays, but due to work scheduling conflicts for both my husband and myself, the change is necessary! I am letting go and letting God work in this situation and I trust it will all work out!

I have finally finished the third in a series of All Occasion Cards using Webster's Pages Lullaby Lane. This card is a shaped card with a few fussy cut flowers. I just love shaped cards and I hope you all like it too!!!
Here is a close-up of the fussy cutting....I tried to keep it to a minimum....but you know how I love to use patterned paper to embellish!!!
I am also thankful for Scrapping the Music!!! STM challenges give me a great deal of therapy during this season of change. It is a challenge that allows me to create for fun!!! No pressure, no expectations-just fun! I love Scrapping the Music!!!
This week's song is based on REM's Shiny Happy People!!! What a fun song to scrap!!! Just thinking about it makes me smile!!! I found some pictures of my kids that were taken while we were playing on the beach in Washington in June. They were perfect for this song!!! We had such a great time, and just looking at these pictures fills my heart with joy!!!
I hope that you join in the fun this week at Scrapping the Music!!! You'll be glad you did!! Once again I used my scraps to create this layout as well as some Tim Holtz Distress Ink reinker mists. Way fun!!!

Thank you all for being patient with me this week!!
You are all so special to me and I appreciate you all!!!

Kristii

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Kristii!! I love love love love that card and that lo for STM is soooooooooooooooo GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeee those HAPPY photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the misting and that banner!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lillesmor said...

I just love this layout. It is so bright and fun, and got me really inspired to do some scrapping tonight. I might borrow some ideas from this layout if it is ok;-).

The card was too cute!! Adoreable:-)