Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Glitz Design Happy Travels Cards

Good Morning Sweet friends!! It's time for another Glitz Design Blog Post and I'm very excited to share some red and teal goodness with you!!!  Glitz Design Happy Travels papers are so pretty and I've been dying to make a couple of projects using the sweet bicycle and basket from the set!!   I plan on making some wall art using the 12x12 Bicycle Paper very soon, but in the meantime, here's a card using the 6x6 Bicycle Paper!!
I added some hand rolled felt flowers, ribbon and a heart border to enhance the bicycle image which I love so much!
I kept the bicycle intact on the main panel, but I fussy cut the basket and florals from another piece of 6x6 paper and glued it over the top of the basket on the main panel.  I allowed the top edge of the basket and florals to curl to add dimension.  I die cut a couple of yard tools out of chipboard and covered them with patterned paper.  I painted the tools with a little Tim Holtz Fresh Snow Dauber to age the tools a bit.  I took the heart off the sticker and glued the tools on top then added some button twine and placed the heart back on top of the embellishment.
Supplies used:
Glitz Design Happy Travels 6x6 Paper Pad
Glitz Design Happy Travels Layered Stickers
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Pure Poppy Felt, Button Twine,  Heart Border Die, Garden Variety Die; Garden Variety Stamps; My Craft Spot Crinkle Ribbon; Recollection Pearls; Tim Holtz Fresh Snow Dauber;

In my second card I used a Title Cardstock Sticker as the base of my card:
I layered the sticker over a doily and added some hand rolled roses, leaves and banners to embellish.
This will make a great encouragement card!! I just love the saying and the roses are absolutely gorgeous!!
Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Happy Travels 6x6 Paper Pad
Glitz Design Happy Travels Cardstock Stickers Titles
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Parisian Lace Doily Die, Banner Builder Die, Double-Ended Banner Die; My Favorite Things Rolled Flower Die; Leaf Punch EK Success; Recollections Pearls

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Wishing you a Glitz Day!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristii~ I love the bicycle card....way cool and fun! You inspire me! Mel

Angelica Turner said...

Stunning card Kristii, every single detail is just perfect.

Marybeth said...

Kristii these are beautiful I know I say that all the time but they just are! I love the bow in both cards you do them so well! I love the way you did the bicycle !

Jennifer Ciriano said...

I absolutely adore everything about this!! Simply beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, wow, wow! Your cards are breathtaking, Kristii! I am in love with the red and teal color combo, and your designs are amazing. What you did with that bike paper and the fussy cut flower basket is to die for! Love the heart border and the little garden tools. Sigh......so pretty. And love the fancy doily die cut and the layered stickers. I must get that rolled flower die! Just gorgeous, my friend!

Jessica said...

You are just so awesome!

Maria said...

Wow! Gorgeous rolled felt flowers! Sweet bike image and beautiful color palette, so so pretty!

BethieJ said...

Kristii such BEAUTIFUL creations.. LOVE them!!!
I also wanted to add.. I found one of your FABULOUS cards on pinterest today.. from way back in Feb. the rosie posie one.. (on your DDs birthday!) I LOVED it!! Wasnt sure you would go back that far for comments so I am telling you here and Now! HA HA! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Jen Adcock said...

What stunners! I love them both equally. Just dreamy they are. The trowel and spade with the pieced basket is genius! In the second, those rolled flowers are utterly swoon-worthy. You take the cake!