Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy 24 +1 Birthday

Happy Sunday dear friends!!  My sweet daughter Heidi's birthday was this weekend and of course we had to celebrate!  We had Jambalaya for dinner and of course we had to have a heart shaped cake in honor of Valentine's day which is right around the corner!
She wasn't too excited about turning 25, so we went with it and gave her a 24 +1 birthday!! It was a lot of fun!!  She is the joy in our lives and we are so thankful for her!!  We love you Heidi Elizabeth!!   Of course, I had to make her a card and I went with one of the challenges that are being featured at PTI this week.  Since Heidi fills our lives with so much joy, I wanted to go with a happy and joyful color scheme for this birthday card!
I decided to use Danielle Flander's bright and cheery card, #1 in the first row.  The color scheme is so fun and to be honest, I love the heart that's hanging from the cloud.  I wasn't able to make the hanging heart work, but I will keep it in the back of my mind in the days to come.  Thanks Danielle for all the inspiration!! You are amazing!
Danielle
I decided to go with the Fancy Folk Art stamp set and I just have to tell you, it's way fun to work with!! I love that you can die cut the shapes and I love that each little floral has a specific stamp to fill in the the white space.  It is an absolutely fabulous set!!  I also love the birthday sentiment!!  It's perfect!!  I did hand cut the banner and used dimensional adhesive to add more depth to my project.  You can see the original stamping from this perspective.
Of course I had to add to the fun of the 24+1 birthday on the inside of the card.   I used some Washi Tape to add some red and white polka dots to the top of the sentiment.

It was a fabulous day and I thank you for sharing it with me!!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Kristii

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

What a gorgeous card, Kristii! I love it!

Julie said...

Love your card and your colours! Lovely card for a precious daughter!

Linda said...

Your card is so so cute. I have been so intimated with it cause it had so many pieces. I thought I had to color in the flowers but after reading your post realize I can stamp in the different colors. Yahoo....