Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Watercolor Madness with Papertrey Ink

Hi there dear friends!!  I have another Papertrey Ink challenge card to share with you tonight! Here's the challenge:
Todays-Contest
In today's post you saw lots of different watercolored looks achieved.  Now it's your turn to play around with this new trend and create a project using some type of watercolor technique!
I did my best with today's challenge, but I'm not sure that watercolor is my strong suit.  I used Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers Roses stamps and used a little watercolor pencil and waterbrush pen to color the rose.  I do have to admit it was fun, but I think sometimes I am too much of a perfectionist for watercolor.  I'll have to keep on trying and maybe it will grow on me!  Thank you to PTI for stretching me and making me grow and try new things!!

I decided to use pink polka dots once again because they just make me happy!! I added a heart border die cut and a little bit of black and white twine.  The sentiment is from PTI's Signature Greetings set.
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you an absolutely wonderful Wednesday!!
Kristii

5 comments:

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. Your rose is just stunning.

Marlena M. said...

This is a BEAUTIFUL rose Kristii! Isn't it exciting that there will soon be a matching die for this set? I can't wait~

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Kristii!

all the days of our life said...

This is beautiful!!!

cherry said...

I think it is lovely....I think we are always the hardest on ourselves. I love the subtle shading it has and the distressed look. hugs, cherry