Monday, February 11, 2013

Papertrey Ink Color Challenge

Hi there dear friends!! I am in a zone with my Papertrey Ink goodies!! I love each and every stamp set of PTI that I own and I am having a blast with all these challenges!!  Here's today's Challenge:

Todays-Contest
Today I used lots of unique and trendy color schemes in my projects!  Now it's your turn!  We are issuing one of our popular color challenges.  I have put together a total of six color stories for you to choose from!  Your task is to create a project utilizing one of these color schemes:
Color-inspiration-1

and here's my take on the challenge:
My motivations for today's card was based on Retrosketches #50.  Such a fabulous sketch and yet it took me a bit to come up with an idea.  I pushed paper around and around and finally I decided to use the same flower color scheme as yesterday.  Once I figured out the focal point and the colors, the rest just fell into place.  I used a tag sale die and decided white on white would make the colors pop and add an element of sweetness to the focal point.  I stamped some pretty little Sweet Blush polka dots along the bottom of the base using Polka Dot Basics.   I added some felt hearts using the Heart Border die and added a Spring Moss die cut tail using the Fabulous Frames die.  The sentiment is from the Fancy Folk Art set.  I topped off the card using a pretty little hand dyed seam binding bow.  

Thanks to PTI for a wonderful week of challenges!! I'm having a blast!!
Thanks for stopping by!! I appreciate you all!
Kristii

3 comments:

Marybeth said...

Your card is stunning, and so is the bow. Love the tiny polka dots on the bottom of the card.

Kara said...

Beautiful design. Love that ribbon too!! So pretty!!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Kristii! I especially love your blue leaves!