Friday, November 1, 2013

A Little Make It Monday #138 Magic

Happy Friday Dear Friends!!!  I hope all is well with you!!  I'm starting the weekend off right with a little Creative Therapy using the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #138 Challenge along with the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. 

Here's my take on the Challenges:
I have been in the Christmas Card Zone this week and what better type of card to make after a hectic week than a Peaceful Christmas Card!  Makes me take a nice deep breath and enjoy the peaceful moment!!  I used Papertrey Ink One Liners Dies and some Silver Shimmer paper.  Sigh....Silver Peace....makes all the stress totally go away!!!  I used the Inlaid Die Cut technique described here. Love, love, love this technique!!  I die cut the patterned paper and the Silver Shimmer paper and pieced them together as the video explains.  I also die cut the edge of the tree using the One Liner die too!  It all works together perfectly!!
I used PTI In the Meadow Dies to die cut the deer and the tree and I used some Basic Grey Christmas scraps for the base of the card.

Such an effective technique!!  I hope you give it a try!! You'll love the results!!

Thanks for stopping by and wish you a peaceful evening!!
Kristii

22 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I LOVE this card and how you cut the tree and one liner together...had to really think for a minute how you did that! This is just stunningly beautiful...well done! :0)

Joyce said...

Oh, wow. I liked my one liner peace card until I saw yours. Yikes is this fabulous. I love how you cut away part of the tree, the beautiful shimmer paper you used, and those sweet deer. Consider yourself pinned and cased!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Such a peaceful scene Kristii. Great job....

A Crafty Person said...

Kristii,
I really love the way you have used In the Meadow and the One Liners! I wish I had purchased the liners last month, now I have to wait til they are in stock again. :(
Truly beautiful card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Stunning card - great combination of dies & technique!

Helen F. said...

Kristii, you created a beautiful winter scene and totally mastered this inlaid technique! Love it!

Kathryn A said...

Very cool how you've combined the Peace die with the tree! LOVE seeing more ideas for In the Meadow :)

Laura Sterckx said...

AWESOME card! I love the layout, the colors and all the die cuts! The reindeers look so great! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so cool! Love how you did the inlay! So creative! And such lovely colors too!

Marybeth said...

Simply beautiful! Love the tree with the peace!

Nancy Guse said...

This card is relaxing. Love the colors and the dies that you chose. Beautiful!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful Kristii! Love the way you cut into the tree die cut with your one liner die. Great job with this challenge.

Karen said...

Stunning! I love everything about this card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the silhouette deers! Very pretty C card!!

Kathy Mc said...

Just stunning Kristii. The deer silhouettes are so fun to use, but now I have to rethink the need for the One-Liners. I've been telling myselt I don't need them…but then I see all these beautiful creations using them. What's a gal to do? Buy it all ~

Sadie said...

So very pretty!! I'm really liking how you placed all the colors together and added the word partly over the tree. Love it!

Maureen said...

Beautiful! Love how you used the inlaid technique!

Cheryl said...

This card is GORGEOUS, Kristii! Fab job with the inlaid die cut--especially with the tree trimmed to be "behind" the text. Love those deer die cuts, too. I see now that I need to check out the PTI dies!

jintyoo7 said...

Gorgeous :)

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is so beautiful! What a great take on this week's MIM, you totally rocked this challenge!

Daša said...

Really beautiful card!!! Love it

Carolanne said...

The scene you created is just lovely. Peace was the perfect sentiment!