Sunday, November 17, 2013

Make It Monday #140 Ink Pad Designs

Happy Sunday dear friends!!! It's been a nice relaxing weekend and I was able to take some time to create a little Papertrey Ink project based on this week's Make it Monday Challenge to put ink pads directly to paper.  

For this challenge, I  ran my Aqua Mist ink pad directly onto the vellum and created a nice subtle Aqua Mist shade of vellum.  Then I ran the tinted vellum through my die cut machine and cut out a nice little banner and a couple of snowflakes.

I added some Peaceful Pinecones and the sweet little sled from Two Feet Deep.  I did add some shading to the pinecones using E57 Light Walnut Copic Marker.  I totally love the look!!


Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, and Vellum Cardstock
Papertrey Ink Red Patterned Paper
Papertrey Ink Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist, Kraft, Dark Chocolate Ink
Papertrey Ink Two Feet Deep and Peaceful Pinecone stamps and dies
Papertrey Ink Fancy Flakes and Confetti Garland Dies

Thanks for stopping by!  Wishing you a wonderful week!!
Kristii

16 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Kristii, this is just lovely. So reminds me of my childhood in Northern MN. Great idea to "ink" up vellum to create any desired color. I'll have to try that technique. Your colors & design made the perfect Christmas card. Ordered Fancy Flakes dies but Two Feet Deep & Peaceful Pinecones still on my wish list for next year I guess. : )

Helen F. said...

Your card is so amazing, Kristii! I love the red wood sled image ~ so nostalgic :) Your vellum looks beautiful with this inked up technique~thanks for the idea!

Kathryn A said...

What a lovely collection of dies and stamps, with a perfect colour combo! Awesome card!!

Marlena M. said...

This is gorgeous Kristii! I love the inked vellum~

StephH said...

Just beautiful Kristii. How clever of you to get the perfect shade of vellum! Great card!

A Crafty Person said...

Wonderful card! I love the vellum snowflake, it is so beautiful.

Kara said...

beautiful! great way to use this technique!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your inked up vellum came out great - have to try this next time I can't find vellum in the color I want!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh...love that sled and how smart of you to color your own vellum paper! Great idea and one I would not have thought of, but will definitely try.

Carolanne said...

This card is just beautiful! Great idea to color the vellum paper!!!

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous idea, Kristii, inking up the vellum ... it's such a brilliant colour and is perfect with that sweet red sled! Thanks so much for popping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment ... so appreciated! Anita :)

Sadie said...

So nice Kristie!! What a good idea using the vellum for the background. And I soooo like the colors. I'm finding I go to the reds and blues lots.

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful Kristii! I love your inked vellum technique.

Joyce said...

This is stunning. I see so many new PTI goodies here, all used beautifully together. Inking on vellum is a fabulous idea.

Greta said...

What a great card! I never think to tint my vellum--thanks for the inspiration!

Kim Heggins said...

wow...your inked vellum is amazing! So beautiful and looks amazing in snowflakes. Love that sled too, love the vintage feel of your card.