Thursday, November 21, 2013

It's a Mystery

Happy Wednesday dear friends!!  I can't even believe that we are so close to Thanksgiving, although my heart been busy with all things Christmas!!  It's no mystery that Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I jump at every chance I get to create something to celebrate my favorite holiday. Speaking of mysteries, this week Simon Says Stamps is holding a mystery challenge and I thought it would be fun to take part! 

When I thought about the whole mystery theme, I considered all the components that make a mystery complete and I compared it to all the components that make a card complete and it reminded me of a collage. The definition of Collage: is a technique where the artwork is made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole.  A collage may sometimes includes newspaper clippings, ribbons, bits of colored or handmade papers, portions of other artwork or texts,photographs and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas.  After reading the definition of a collage I was totally inspired- I found my mystery inspiration and had a blast going through my scraps to create this card!


To create the background, I dabbed a craft sheet with some Tim Holtz Evergreen Bough ink and spritzed it with water.  I dabbed an ink block in the water/ink mixture and stamped the block onto the card base.  I let the water/ink mixture run until I was happy with the results and dried the card base with my heat gun.  I used Pink Persimmon Winter Girl Antiquated stamps by Lisa Pace to create the focal point.  I stamped the bells and text in Versamark Ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. Love, love, love those stamps!!  I stamped the greenery on patterned paper with Simply Chartreuse ink and fussy cut them.  I fussy cut the flowers from patterned paper and added some bits and pieces from my scrap box.  I tied the bells together with a twine bow and the collage was complete.
Supplies Used:
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Paper
Pink Paislee Snow Village Scraps
Pink Persimmon Winter Girl Antiquated Stamps by Lisa Pace
Fine Gold Embossing Powder

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Kristii

11 comments:

Karla Yungwirth said...

Thanks for your comment :) your card is amazing! Love the collage look!

Karla Yungwirth said...

Thanks for your comment :) your card is amazing! Love the collage look!

Joyce said...

What a fun and beautiful collage you have created.

~amy~ said...

Oh this is super gorgeous!

Greta said...

Wowzer--your collage is absolutely gorgeous! It is certainly a mystery to me--cannot do collage--LOL!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I'll be honest: I am DROOLING over this card and I'm typically not much of a drooler! But how could I not? The color palette you chose is stunning and you combined the elements so skillfully! This card reminded me of the traditional aspects of Christmas, but it is totally fresh and cool! Really beautiful work and I'm so glad that you shared this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

Candy C said...

Kristi...I think your Christmas card is absolutely darling! Your collaged pieces; the stars, the buttons, the jingle bells, the washi tape...well, everything works so perfectly together! And the striped paper behind to create a border....perfection! LOVE this! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. <3 Candy

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, this card is fantastic! The background is so pretty, and all the layers, stamping and embellishments are perfect. What a great idea for the myster challenge. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the win, Kristii! So exciting!! Hugs, Darnell

Cathy D said...

I hope you don't mind but I am copying (or close to) your card. I just love the look.

sara j said...

What a positively beautiful and cool card. Love the color in the background and I don't think the bells have ever looked better. Great job!