Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feeling Sentimental

Hi there dear friends!!  Today is my 27th wedding anniversary and my heart is feeling a little sentimental!  I remember when we were first married.  We thought people who were married for 10 years were amazing!  Little did we know how quickly time would go by.  I can honestly say I love him more today than yesterday.  We have come through good times and difficult times and our love has stayed strong and I am so very thankful for my husband.  He's my very best friend and I would be lost without him!  Thank you sweetie for 27 wonderful years!!!
My heart just smiles when I see this picture!  We have love written all over our faces!  I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Since my heart is very nostalgic today, I thought it would be fun to use the current CardPatterns sketch to make a wedding card.  Here's the sketch:
and here's my take on the sketch:
I played with my Copic Markers and Websters Pages Country Estates Papers.
Here's a close-up of the rose:
Supplies Used:
Patterned Papers:  Webster's Pages Country Estate Start from the Heart and Calm Moments
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Year of Flowers Rose
Ribbon:  Papertrey Ink Linen Twill
Copic Markers:
I have to apologize for my photos lately.  The light in my studio went out and it needs a new ballast which my sweet hubby hasn't had time to change.  Hopefully it will be working again soon.  I haven't found a good photography solution yet!


Thanks for stopping by!!  
Hope you have the best day ever!
Kristii

14 comments:

Brendaxx said...

Happy anniversary to the both of you!! Love the weddingcard you made, gorgeous flowers :)

Debra said...

Happy anniversary! Love the beautiful rose:)

Kara said...

happy anniversary...what a sweet photo!!! love your rose, so gorgeous!!

Mel said...

This picture made me smile! Wow 27 years - yikes! So long!! Congrats! xx

Jen Adcock said...

What? I only come here to get my Bitty Bird fix. What's going on here? *wink* Gorgeous card and Happy Anniversary to you, Ever So Crafty One! The roses are divine.

Mara Campbell said...

Big congrats on your wedding anniversary Kristi! That is awesome!! And what a great card, I love that big flower. You need to come over to give me coloring lessons!!!

Agus said...

Happy anniversary (: what a lovely card!! super cute!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary Kristii and Ed!!!! Love the rose wedding card; it is absolutely gorgeous!

Vanessa said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love this photo! You are so sweet! And your card is absolutely gorgeous!!!

NancyS said...

Happy 27th anniversary, Kristi. Great picture of you and your DH. BEAUTIFUL card...love all the details and the lovely design and colors. TFS!

NancyS said...

Happy 27th anniversary, Kristi. GREAT picture of you and your DH. BEAUTIFUL card...love all the details, the colors and the design. TFS!

NinaB said...

What a sweet photo. Happy anniversary! And your card is beautiful.

Lynn Put said...

What you wrote here makes me want to cry it's so sweet! Happy Anniversary to you both I hope you had a wonderful day together!
Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is knock out!

Ann said...

A beautiful design - and perfect for a happy couple like you! Happy Anniversary.