Thursday, June 9, 2011

Smiles and Card Patterns

Good Morning dear friends!!! How fun it is to be able to post in the morning now that school is out!!!  I am blessed to have this time and I am so thankful!  I have been smiling since school was out and I want to share those smiles with you!!!

I have so many reasons to smile and here are just a few of the reasons I'm smiling today:
My Sweetie
My Kids
Reading my morning devotions
Sunshine (or the thought of those golden rays on this cloudy day)
Gardening
The sweet scent of lilacs...mmmmm....
The beautiful melodies of the birdies outside my window
Running
Papercrafting
Speaking of smiling, early this morning I was filled with joy as I created a sweet little card using CardPatterns Sketch 118.  Here's the sketch:
and here's my take on the sketch:
 I pulled out my PTI Garden Variety Stamps for this sketch!!  I love those stamps!!!  Ok, I know I say that about all PTI stamps, but these stamps have totally captured my heart.  I think it's because I can make those sweet little pink flowers and the grassy stems!!  I love them!

Supplies Used:
PTI Stamps: Garden Variety, Little Bitty Bird
MME Stamps: Stella Rose
PTI Dies:  Garden Variety, Picket Fence, Little Bitty Bird, Flower Fusion #4
PTI Cardstock:  Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Kraft, Lemon Tart
Patterned Paper: The Girls' Paperie
Tim Holtz Distress Ink:  Worn Lipstick, Pumice Stone, Tea Dye
Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
PTI Linen Twill and Button Twine
Vintage button from my stash
Copic Markers:  Y11 and Y31 and Y32

I hope you find lots of smiles in your day!! You are amazing!!!
Kristii

21 comments:

Joyce said...

What a great card. I love how you curved that bottom layer. It took me a long time to figure out what you did. At first, I thought you somehow bent or curved the picket fence. Must need my coffee. Very cool look--a peaceful scene.
Joyce

Meghan said...

Just found your blog a few days ago and I really wanted to say how much I love your style. Thanks for inspiring me! This card is amazing [as usual]!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Absolutely gorgeous.

Teresa said...

What a wonderful card. The fence is perfect in the background. love those stamps too.

Jill said...

Aaagh, the little bitty bird! The little bitty bird! Adding the little bitty bird to your tableau just *makes* your card, Kristii! Can you tell I love it? :-D. This card is just about perfect in all its homespun, country sweetness and excellent technical execution. Bravo!

Tricia said...

Okay I love that you put a little bird sit on the watering can. This is the first card using this set that has me taking a second look at this set.

Karen C. said...

Love the details on your card Kristii, especially that cute little bird on the watering can. The pink floral paper looks so pretty as the curved base and the little yellow flower is so 'sunny'.

Sara Mac said...

Beautiful card Kristii! I love how you balanced all those elements on the card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Marlena M. said...

This is beautiful!! I love the details. ;)

Kara said...

so sweet..so pretty!!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love how you paired it with the Girls' Paperie patterned paper!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee the fence and the watering can! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Such a pretty card Kristii! Love the sweet little details! :)

Stephanie said...

Kristii.......How super adorable is this card?!?! I just love the patterned paper for your grass.....Too cute! Lovin' that watering can w/ flowers, too!

Unknown said...

pretty card :D

Kristin said...

Love this card!! The colors are perfect and it is a wonderful summery card :)

Marybeth said...

PERFECT! So cute I should have order this set. Take care.

~amy~ said...

You always do such lovely work...love what you've done! Thanks so much for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Jessica Theodore said...

Golly gosh, this is one amazing card! I love the colours you have used and all the sweet little details. Great take on the sketch too xx

Vicky said...

Oh WOW - so pretty!

DF said...

Lovely!!! This is also becoming one of my favourite sets. I really like how you perched the little bird on the watering can.