Monday, June 20, 2011

Nostalgic Mix with Glitz Designs

Happy Monday dear friends!! I've been having some fun with Glitz Designs Whatnots and stamps today!!  First up is a sweet little card using Clear Stamps and Whatnots from the from the Laced with Grace Collection and  papers and stickers from the Afternoon Muse Collection.  I love that these lines are so easy to mix and match!  It totally gets my creative juices flowing knowing that the possibilities are endless!!
I stamped the top and bottom of the card base.  The top stamp is the newsprint from the Laced with Grace Collection. I just love the newsprint design! I will keep it close by my craft table because I know it's one I will use continually!!
I cut out the Whatnots so I could pair the cute little boy and girl with the heart.  Love the way that turned out! I added a little bloom from my stash to add some more sweetness to the focal point.  I layered the Afternoon Muse Banner paper with the Afternoon Muse cardstock stickers to add visual interest.  Such a fun little card to give to a good friend!

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" paper:  Banner
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" stamps
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Cardstock Stickers
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" Whatnots

Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Kraft Cardstock; Papertrey Ink Tin Types Background Stamps; Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags die and stamps, Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink; Prima Lace;  Ribbon and Button from my stash.

Next up is a less feminine approach just perfect for a husband and wife relative or friend you may be missing.  I paired up the Afternoon Muse Hot Air Balloon stamp and Peek a Boo transparencies with a Laced with Grace Paper Layer.
I stamped the hot air balloon three times, fussy cut and paper pieced them together onto the paper layer.  I also cut the Peek a Boo frame and used it to add a splash of color to the top of my card.

I added some lace, burlap and buttons to add texture to the card.

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Papers:  Carte Postal and Banner
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Stamps
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Peek A Boos
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" Paper Layers
Glitz Design "Teeny Alpha" Cream

Other Supplies: Papertrrey Ink Kraft Cardstock; Prima Lace; Memento Rich Cocoa Ink; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink; Burlap and Buttons from my stash.


Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you a very "Glitzy" day!!!
Kristii

7 comments:

Corine van der Zee said...

Very Pretty!!! Love both cards!!!

Gr.Corine

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful cards! I love the soft pinks and the romantic character of them. You did a wonderful job!

Brendaxx said...

Love both your cards!! They're so beautiful!!

Unknown said...

I like these cards a lot Mom! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Nadine said...

Wonderful cards, the second is my favorite.

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Sigh... Kristii, your cards are always a feast for the eyes! I love all the pretty little details you add to each and every creation! You are truly talented!!

Willy's creations said...

Lovely cards you made!

Hugs,Willy