Friday, June 10, 2011

Peace, Love, and Wee Memories

Happy Friday dear friends!! I have to be honest, I didn't even realize that it was Friday as I sat down to write this.  Such is the joy of summer break!!  Ahhhh, it just feels so good to live an unscheduled life for a bit.  I don't think I would like it year round, but it is heavenly during the summer months!  This is the first summer that I have been empty nested, and I tell you the house is very quiet during the day.  I get up early with my sweetie and have some peaceful quiet time doing my devotions.  What a blessing it is to not rush through, but to take my time and enjoy the word and apply it to my life!  My favorite time of the day, however, is when my sweetie arrives home.  I am so thankful for the love we share and I need to plan a fun and exciting anniversary celebration.  If anyone has any ideas, I would love for you to share them.  I only have 6 days to figure it out, yikes, time is flying by.

In the meantime, I have a fun little card to share.  This little card is #2 in a series of four that I am creating with Papertrey Ink's Garden Variety stamp and die set.  I don't know if you noticed, but I have added a little birdie from my other favorite set, Little Bitty Bird to these cards.  It's so fun to combine all my PTI loves together!!!  I created this for the Wee Memories Challenge #59 which is an Anything Goes Challenge!  Whoo hoo!  I love these challenges because the sky is the limit and you are free to go wherever your creative brain takes you!!!

Here's the Challenge:
Here's my take on the Challenge:
 For this challenge, I embossed two layers of the card and created my sweet little garden scene on a PTI Tag.
Of course, I had to add the sweet little bitty bird!  I love, love, love those sweet little birdies! 

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream, Spring Moss
Stamps and Dies:  PTI Garden Variety, Little Bitty Bird, Beautiful Blooms II #3, Picket Fence
Embossing Folders:  Stampin' Up! Framed Tulip, Cuttlebug Swiss Dot
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye, Crushed Olive, Pumice Stone; Memento Rich Cocoa; PTI Fresh Snow
Felt: PTI Hibiscus Burst
PTI Button Twine
Martha Stewart Pearls
Copic Markers: YG 03, YG11

Thanks for stopping by today!!
Wishing you peace, love, and flowers to brighten your day!
Kristii


11 comments:

Denise said...

I think that I am in {love} with summer because YOU are posting all the time... WOW, Kristti - stunning!!

~Tammy~ said...

Enjoy your summer break and all the crafty time. So beautiful love all the fun elements and the embossed background and Happy Anniversary!

Karen C. said...

You really make these stamps come to life. Just beautiful details, Kristii. Have a great summer break.

Audrey said...

LOVE! LBB & GV and 2 of my favorites too! :)

Leigh Penner said...

I LOVE this card! I love how you incorporated the picket fence onto the tag, the mix of GV & LBB and how you used the SU! embossing folder! Into my faves!

Marybeth said...

I love the embossed background on this card. Well I love all of it , just crazy abut the background. Enjoy your summer break.

Kara said...

i love this card!! the fence on the tag..the flowers on the fence, the bird on the watering can!! so pretty!

Stephanie said...

Just look at you go with that picket fence die and the watering can! I don't know if I love this card or your post the other day more. I'm just blown away with your creativity with these! Beautiful!

Melissa said...

So sweet and beautiful! I love the little scene you created and that bird on the can is adorable!

Mara Campbell said...

this is so sweet!! I love the watering can and the embossed border around the card. And that pop of pink from the flower is great!

Jen Carter said...

Cute, cute!! I love that you used the fence on the tag!! I'm going to have to try that!! You are doing wonderful things with these sets!!