Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Little Surprise

Good Morning Friends!!  What a glorious day it is today!! I think it is the first day of summer break that we woke up to blue skies and calm winds.  Ahhhh....what a good feeling it is!!!  It just makes your heart burst with joy!

Speaking of joy, I have a little surprise for you today!!!
Darcy and Judi at Pink Persimmon have introduced a brand new stamp set!!!!! 
Meet "Hello Vintage Girl"!!!!

Isn't she the cutest?? I just love that she's talking on the phone!  The first thing I envisioned when I saw her was one of those old pink retro phones!  Totally makes me smile!! "Hello Vintage Girl" is inspired by a vintage sewing pattern and she will be perfect for any of those projects that you need a sweet vintage touch!

Here is my first project with "Hello Vintage Girl":
Don't you just love her?  I paired her up with House of Three's Daily Junque papers and made a fun little thank you card.  I stamped her three times, fussy cut her out, and then paper pieced her together on the Daily Junque papers.  A little time intensive, but worth the effort!

Supplies Used:
Pink Persimmon Stamps:  Hello Vintage Girl, Oh Dear Outline
Patterned Paper:  House of Three Daily Junque, Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden
Cardstock:  Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
Copic Markers
Melissa Frances Vintage Embellishments
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink

You will find more "Hello Vintage Girl" ideas posted on the Pink Persimmon Blog.  I hope you get a chance to stop by and check out all of their other goodies as well!  I know you'll love them as much as I do!!

Thanks for stopping by!! 
Have a wonderful day,
Kristii

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooooooo fun...I love it!

Denise said...

I {love} this card! The colors... the papers... the vintage vibe... PERFECTION! Kristii, you always wow!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I love all them details! I used a cut out from Daily Junque too! What a sweet surprise.

:-)

Brendaxx said...

Great card! love the stamp and the paper!

Margaret M said...

Kristii I've just got to get this stamp! I love, love your card! My youngest DD is a fashion/merchandizing major and she would just love this! TFS!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Yes she is the cutest. This set is so much fun and I love what you did with her! too cute!

montanabookchick said...

This is way too cute......I absolutely love it! Before I even read the details I thougt of vintage patterns since I remember many of that particular style of dress being part of my mom's collection!

Melinda said...

Oh my goodness, so much fun! This has your name written all over it friend, amazingly fun in every way!!! Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Just lovely, Kristii!! What a great stamp set & your card is just stunning.