Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Morning Fun

Happy Monday dear friends!!  It's a lovely day here in Southwestern Montana!  The skies are partly cloudy and rain is forecast for today.  I was able to get out of the house early this morning for my run and what a blessing it was to enjoy the calm before the storm!  School has been out for a week and I am so happy to say that I have made some very positive life changes in this short period of time! I am eating very healthy and exercising most every day.  I've lost 4.5 lbs. just with those small changes...whoo hooo!  That thrills me beyond measure!  I am finally realizing that I have spent so much time taking care of my kids and worrying about them, that I have let myself go terribly.  My health is most important.  Reading and relaxing have moved up a couple of notches on my priority list as well as getting outside and enjoying the day!  I also working very hard to be ready for the opening of the Farmer's Market.  I'm not going to have as much done as I would have liked, but this will be a learning process and we'll see how it goes!  Lord willing, it will be a profitable summer and I will be ready to take on the school year when it arrives!

This morning I made the third card in my Garden Variety Little Bitty Bird card set.  This time I also incorporated the tree from Merry Little Christmas and sentiment from Wildflower Garden as well.
 I just love this sentiment.  Old friends are precious and such an important part of our lives.  In fact, they own a place deep in our heart! Thank the Lord for good friends!!
I added some lace to the bucket using inspiration from Melissa Phillips, who is absolutely amazing by the way, and I added a small little bow to make this little card as sweet as can be!

Supplies used:

Cardstock:  PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream, Spring Moss
Stamps and Dies:  PTI Garden Variety, Little Bitty Bird, Picket Fence, Merry Little Christmas, Wildflower Garden
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink Worn Lipstick, Tea Dye, Crushed Olive, Pumice Stone; Memento Rich Cocoa;

Copic Markers: RV 13 Tender Pink, RV 14 Begonia Pink, R 20 Blush


Thanks for stopping by!!! I wish you an absolutely wonderful day!!!
Kristii

17 comments:

Debra said...

Cute as can be! I MUST get those little birdies!

Annheidel said...

What a sweet, adorable card! I love the combination of sets. :)

DF said...

SO sweet! Love your pairings of sets.

kelly said...

this is so gorgeous i love what you have done with the sets!

Leigh Penner said...

Way to go on losing 4-5 lbs and making postivie changes in your life! I NEED to do this, too-- thanks for the inspiration! I also love your card-- what a great mix of stamped images! It's lovely!

Meghan said...

Another outstanding card. Love your style!

cherry said...

Hi Kristii! So glad to have you with us at cupcards this month! CAn't wait to see what you come up! LOVE your cards, cherry

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous - I love everything you make with Bitty Bird :>)

Rhonda said...

Love the fence and the watering can Kristi!!! This is going into my inspiration file.

Brendaxx said...

That's a very beautiful card!!!

Cammie said...

You have created such a sweet summer scene--birds singing and flowers growing make a wonderful summer day! Pinning this card. Glad your summer is off to such positive start.

Danielle said...

I love this card! The little birds are some of my favorite stamps...too cute!

Marybeth said...

Absolutely Love It!

Rachel Izakowicz said...

oh wow! This is such a sweet card - just love it. You always inspire me to use Little Bitty Bird - I love it and barely use it!

Nadine said...

What a wonderful card! Great!

Sue Ann said...

Okay so I do need Merry Little Christmas and it is 90 degrees outside. What you do with the birds and the tree and this garden set is EXACTLY what should be done with those sets. You my dear have a great eye and always bring an idea to life beautifully!!!

Jen Carter said...

Oh this is adorable!! I LOVE how you stamped the flowers and grass on the picket fence! The birds are adorable! So sweet!!