Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fun and Easy Gifts with Glitz Design Paper Layers

Happy Wednesday dear friends!!  I am excited to share some fun and easy gifts using Glitz Design Paper Layers today!  I don't know about you, but I am always needing a quick gift for a friend and I never seem to have that special something on hand.  Well, today, we are going to take care of that problem and you will always have a special homemade gift right within reach!

It seems that altered Moleskine Journals are all the rage these days.  You can alter them in many different ways from a simple stamp alteration to a full blown scrapbook page type cover.  You can find Moleskine Journals with blank pages for an art journal or you can use lined pages for a written journal.  They come in regular, large or extra large sizes and they also come in several different colors. Today, I chose to use the Kraft Moleskine Cahier Large Ruled Notebook (5.25 x 8.25) for the base of my project:

then, I found my favorite Glitz Design Paper Layers and got to work and this is what I came up with:
I layered some Glitz Design "Love Games" Poppies patterned paper on top of the journal and added a slightly smaller Glitz Design "Laced with Grace paper layer on top.  Then I embellished with lace, buttons, vintage ephemera, Afternoon Muse Peekaboo, florals and ribbon.  It took no time at all to decorate the notebook and now I have a special gift for that dear friend who needs encouragement or just a little gift to brighten her day!!
I added a pen, bookmark, and a list of journal prompts to complete the ensemble and before I give it away, I will tie the entire package with a bow.  

Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Love Games" Poppy Patterned Paper
Glitz Design "Laced With Grace" Paper Layer
Glitz Design "Afternoon Muse" Peekaboo

Other Supplies:  Prima Lace and Floral; Papertrey Ink Buttons and Button Twine; Hand dyed Seam Binding; Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Vintage Ephemera

I liked the project so much I decided to use a card I made with Glitz Design Goodies as the inspiration for another altered journal.  The Glitz Design Afternoon Muse Paper Layer I used is my favorite design by Glitz!  Sigh...I may have to buy more of these Paper Layers for sure!!!

Supplies used:
"Glitz Design Afternoon Muse Collection" Paper Layers
"Glitz Design Afternoon Muse Collection" Paper: Banner
Papertrey Ink Cardstock: Kraft and Rustic Cream
Vintage Hymnal Music
PTI Button Twine and Button
Stamp: PTI Embellisments
Ribbon: MemrieMare
Floral: Recollections

I hope this idea inspires you to make up some gifts to give to those who are special in your life!!
Nothing makes my heart happier than giving a homemade gift to a friend!!
Have a Glitzy Day,
Kristii

8 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Seriously BEAUTIFUL!!! I love when you have a new post because I know it will be amazing and inspiring.

Alice Golden said...

These are adorable and you have a wonderful blog!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful what a great gift. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful 4th.

Suzanne Russell said...

These are beautiful, as everything I have seen in your blog. My husband just bought a Moleskine journal. I wonder if he would like it all dolled up? heeheehee :)

Margaret M said...

So pretty! I am a sucker for notebooks and this one is just lovely!

Jessica said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Those Glitz guys (and my favorite member of their design team) are AWESOME!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! These are JUST BEAUTIFUL Kristii!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the ribbons! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mary Jo said...

So, so pretty, Kristii!! :)